Colour change - who do you have to notify?

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Hey all,

Just out of interest I was wondering if anyone knew the procedure of changing the colour of your vehicle not the painting/prep ect. but the documentation.

Obviously I know youd have to tell the dvla and get them to update the necessary records but is there more? + would it invalidate anything? i.e. MoT (I know that sounds stupid but this is Britain right!:blush:)

All helps much appreciated. Thanks! Joe.

i know i did this on my motorbike a while back and just told the insurance and adjusted log book through dvla that was it. you could always phone an mot place if in doubt though (Y)

Sorry to ask my own question in your thread here but...

I was just wondering my car is White but it's old and weathered kinda whitey grey lol. Errm how much roughly would a full respray white be?

I mean obviously I'll get in contact with some local garages / painting places etc. But I'd just like to know roughly what I'd be expecting.

i got my car fully resprayed with the bumpers colour coded in blue for £200, from a family friend at his back street garage

To get it done properly including prep, the lot, you're proly looking at about £800+

Or you get it vinyl-wrapped which is LOADS cheaper.

Hey nex thanks for the reply, I know plenty about the actual painting ect just wanted to know what documents had to be altered. Got it now me thinks.

Back