colors for my install???

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
have recently done a MDF install in my car but i am umming and arring on colors. my car is met green but don't think it'll look too good in green. thinking of white! any sugestions
thanks
griff

Attachments

• 12619.jpg
    12619.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 21

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
You could make it look factory type with a matching grey from the rest of your interior... or go crazy and cover it all in silver paint or even aluminum foil (or steel) then stick a peice of perspex over it with some LEDs illuminating the perspex for that humble glow.

But grey would be a nice theme to continue with, imho.

CMF_Kirby

» CMF Member
i say try something TOTALLY funky like Faux Fur. cheap, easy to buy by the meter. you can shape it to any wierd shape. you can tack it down, glue it, the possibilities are just endless. imagine what your friends will say when you pop you boot. total show stopper! think abt it!

plus its Hot Pink man. your missus will love you for it. ha ha ha

Attachments

• 12737.jpg
    12737.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 27

CMF_Kirby

» CMF Member
ha ha ha, i promise this is the last one! its made of polar fleece, kinda like the nice plush towel you can buy! imagine that it your boot could sound thumping and feel SOFT at the same time.

Attachments

• 12739.jpg
    12739.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 24

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
carbon does make me feel moist but i am on a REALLY tight budget and it's a bit pricey.
aint too sure about the multicolor "PIMP" styling either, i'm more of a quiet poser, not a "LOOK AT ME!!!" kinda person. good idea for the right person though.
thanks
griff

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
You're not the "look-at-me" type but more the "listen-to-me" kinda guy aren't you with an install like that ;) I would say keep it clean and simple, black, white or grey.

btw1, is that the only sub for the install?
btw2, kirby, please dont do any more suggestions will ya, haha

Attachments

• 13231.jpg
    13231.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 25

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
You might be able to find a carbon fibre pattern on some contact cover that you use to cover kids school books with. Thats cheap!? And i have no idea if itll look ok or not.

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
the subs are 10 inch/600W peak each, not that big and the amp is a "boss 600n" 600W so i am theoretically only running half power for my subs. but untill i can scrape together enough money i'll have to stick to what i got.
griff

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
update:
got fed up of thinking of colours, even started getting tempted by the pimp colours from earlier in this thread so thought b4 the urge takes hold i will finish so it is going bog standard BLACK.
now also got strobe LED's behind 6x9 panel to give a flash through the gap at the bottom.
thanks for all the input though.
appreciated.

griff

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
it dont look like most ppl look at this thread but for those that do, its finished.
black carpet all over. also i have now got my 17's on too.
looks gorgeous.
pics to follow

griff

Attachments

• 13694.jpg
    13694.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 21

CMF_griff88

» CMF Member
purely for show use, don't sound that bad in the car but sounds much better standing behind with boot open.
okay little update.
got my 17's on, also finished appholstering my boot.

Attachments

• 14463.jpg
    14463.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 23
Back