coilovers

Jon_95SLX WROTE:

"seems a little silly spending that much on a micra thats not worth more than 3k in most cases.<BR>whatever floats your boat I guess.<BR>

mmmm... to some ppl the handling is worth it. why buy a more expensive car and spend more money on that? each to their own i guess. ... might not seem like their's many micra ppl on here that buy/spend alot of money on their cars... but their are.. they're just in the hiding.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
I agree with you on the handling bit. This discussion happens alot on numerous car forums - car value v's suspension setup cost.
Personally I fitted coilovers to my VR6 Golf which at the time was a more cost effective option than buying standard gear from volkswagen, $2700 later it was definetly worth it - even if the car was worth about 9k.

I'm intrigued to know who supplies coilover kits for the micra in Australia tho.

Jon_95SLX WROTE:

"I'm intrigued to know who supplies coilover kits for the micra in Australia tho. <BR>

lol.. no one in australia.. perhaps justjap.. but i'd hardly call their g4/d2 range a handling upgrade. more of a "i want to be able to lower the **** outta my car" coilover.... possibly why they come in at the skinny end of the budget.. for something more serious head overseas to either japan or the uk. i still reckon that for a street car... and if your not worried about being full hectic low, then the nismo s-tunes are the go.. anything worthy of being better then that and you gotta spend 3 times the money. for proper damper adjustability and shock length/height adjustability.

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"Jon_95SLX WROTE:<BR><BR>"I'm intrigued to know who supplies coilover kits for the micra in Australia tho. <BR>"</DIV><BR><BR>lol.. no one in australia.. perhaps justjap.. but i'd hardly call their g4/d2 range a handling upgrade. more of a "i want to be able to lower the **** outta my car" coilover.... possibly why they come at the skinny end of the budget.. for something more serious head overseas to either japan or the uk.

Lol, wouldnt touch cheap coilovers - only good for slamming your car.
A nice spring/shock combo would be 100x better imo

yeh I have seen how much the s tunes are lately....
Same price they've always been LOL, just the
Exchange rate that has changed.. I've installed
And driven a number of cars with the g4/d2
Coilovers... To sum them up, their ****, don't
Waste your money, anyone who says their
Good hasn't used anything else. A cheap set of
Cusco's or tanabe's would be the cheapest coilover from japan.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
deNs WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"i got g4 on mine and there great they were 1100 i believe from just jap and they have them in stock. "</div>

Did you read any of the above posts? :p

---dens

Duh yes i did but i dont take therre ****ty opinions for much seen as though noone else on here as far as i know have the G4's but all comment that there ****. They are good and for the dollars you cant get better, THey are fully height camber and rebound/dampening adjustable but yeah just for lowering your car hey. Mine have seen several track days up here not to mention drag and motorkhana events. I have no body roll and its not that low. Can go lower. I dont see why you would spend 3k on coilovers when there is some in Aus that come with warrenty and work like a treat. I personally have never been in a beter handling car before. So in my eyes the above comments bitching that there **** is a load of crap.

But next time i wont bother posting as it seems this site has gone to **** with bull crap know it alls knowing **** all.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
whoa, boys... your both right.. cheap stuff compared to the good is ordinary just like stereos and hi fi and fridges..... don't get discouraged SIK your inut is welcome. Turbo comes across aggressive an all (cuz if you see his stuff anyone would be impressed) but he is a cool dude in real life. I'll probably get g4's for my EV, (since the rest of the build is super expensive)......anyhow....my 3 cents

LOL, as long as you think they're good, that's all that matters... And yes all their good for is lowering your car... As in the shock valving they come with has nothing to do with controlling the spring properly, they're soft, and don't provide a very good feel through the car. Others might think they're great... It's easy to think that when you compare it with ****.. oh and btw. i definately know more about micra's, and have acutally personally driven in a number of micras (i count 6 with different brands of japanese coilovers, and 1 g4)... so if that's knowing **** all about it.. what test do i need to pass to satisfy you? and yeh i know the gay 4's are camber/rebound dampening adjustable... i've fitted many of them to cars. they look pretty, i'll give em that.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Not mine mate. You would like them i would promise you that. In fact they are almost to hard for street driving and give more of a race feel then i wanted on the street but hey.... Who cares really.

CMF_SFJ

» CMF Member
ukkie WROTE:

"hello i've got a coilover kit from XYZ racing it's great. it cost me incl shipping and import tax 583 euro

hey m8 ! can you put a link WHERE you did get e'm ??????

ukkie WROTE:

"why? i've got my coilovers now for a year and the are still in great shape. no rust, or anything on the coils

as said before, they're probably ok... but when they make something in china/taiwan etc they just copy the design so it fits the car, the chinese have no idea about valving etc... each different brand in japan is seperately tested and changed untill they get the right setup for the car... they might look pretty like all the china varients we get here, and they'll work alright.. but untill you've tried something really really good, you'll never know the difference.. i've driven many many cars with all sorts of different setups, and there is a massive difference in handling/feel of the car when the shock/spring is setup to the car. each to there own i guess, what i'm setting my car up for might be totally different to what you want to do with yours, i plan to track mine, so i want it to stop and handle the very best that it can

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
I know that Tein no longer makes coilovers for the k11, but I wondered if the z10 teins (ss) will also fit? Came across them a while back in Japan and the seller suggested it "might also" fit the k11.

Besides Cusco, Aspect & Tanabe what are other decent coilovers? Also, in my searches for handling improvement I often come across products from RS-R, any good?

Pyro WROTE:

"I know that Tein no longer makes coilovers for the k11, but I wondered if the z10 teins (ss) will also fit? Came across them a while back in Japan and the seller suggested it "might also" fit the k11. <BR><BR>Besides Cusco, Aspect &amp; Tanabe what are other decent coilovers? Also, in my searches for handling improvement I often come across products from RS-R, any good?

yes z10 will fit, if you buy the complete set without front strut tops the original k11 tops will have to be very slightly modified so that they locate on the tein's shaft. mullholland apparently can still get a hold of the rg's (racing gear), bcrew's also make coilovers for the k11. never used the rs-r coilovers before so i can't comment. imo, if buying coilovers from japan, try and get ones that are damper adjustable. failing all of that, i'd be getting a hold of some bilsteins from humphries.

mik

» CMF Member
Guys don't save your money on something really important such as a suspension system! it doesn't have to be the most expensive one, but at least not some chinese ripoff cheapo suspension! keep in mind, there are just tires and the suspension which keeps your car on the road..
Amen,

mik :)

climberjoel WROTE:

"is no answer to dannos question a bad thing? was also wondering about this brand isc

generally, all the china gear is made in the same factory with different colours/brand name/stickers etc. g4/d2/k sport/isc/hsd etc are all china gear. they are all much of a muchness and there's been countless posts on most of them. yes they'll do the job.. they'll lower the car, and handle better.. but always remember you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.. if you spend 1500, it'll handle like you've spent 1500, if you spend 3000 it'll handle like you spent 3000 etc...

CMF_danno88

» CMF Member
What i have been noticing with the cusco's that i have been re-searching that they are only avaiable in 1 model for the micra, which is height adjustable only... i was looking at a set myself from japan.

Back