coil overs

hey guys, just got my gold superlites delivered and car should be back from the paint shop in a few days, next on my list is a set of coilovers, just wondering if any of you can give me advice on a good set? :)

I've asked this question before, and I think the only way you can get a set of direct fit coilovers is by spending £700/£800 on a set that's made to fit. Other sets from Corsas, Polos, etc, require a bit of bodging to make them fit. Better off getting a set of lowering springs and uprated dampers. There are quite a few coilover threads though, just do a quick search and ask around, that's probably your best bet (Y)

ahh thanks dude:) would rather put a few bags of concrete in the boot than spend that much money :glare: shall start looking for some lowering springs then(Y)

hey guys, just got my gold superlites delivered and car should be back from the paint shop in a few days, next on my list is a set of coilovers, just wondering if any of you can give me advice on a good set? :)

I've asked this question before, and I think the only way you can get a set of direct fit coilovers is by spending £700/£800 on a set that's made to fit. Other sets from Corsas, Polos, etc, require a bit of bodging to make them fit. Better off getting a set of lowering springs and uprated dampers. There are quite a few coilover threads though, just do a quick search and ask around, that's probably your best bet (Y)

Meister Coilovers are £626 and are straight fit

Oooh, gold superlights, that sounds good, what colour are they going under - tell me its that lovely metallic pea green used on facelifts.

FK coilovers for corsas are shaping up to be the best budget option by all accounts - not too much modding needed to fit. 600+ blows my mind considering its twice what i paid for my car, and still much more than I have in it in total, including a brand new set of tyres and nice dishy wheels.

go under white with a tiny bit of a gold pearl(Y), put the wheels on today and theres a big gap between the wheels and the arch with the 7x13 anybody know around about how many mm i will need to lower it by to get a nice fit in the arch? (without being decked!?) :laugh:

Oooh, gold superlights, that sounds good, what colour are they going under - tell me its that lovely metallic pea green used on facelifts.

I take that as a compliment. No one has ever called my car colour "lovely" :laugh:. Horrible, maybe. Grim, definitely. Disgusting, almost certainly. But lovely? No :laugh:

Could always go 90mm? You would have to roll your arches though, I'm not sure how low Mark's got his, but it seems to sit perfect (Y)

Back