clicking sound during turning at corners

CMF_Mike R

» CMF Member
check the bottom ball joints , they used to click on one of my cars when they went , was very noticeable on roundabouts . ball joints tend to do a single click , CV's make a series of heavier clicks and knocks .

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
oh, check also the rear rubber mount of the lower suspension (A arm) the rubber wears out and the finger bumps around in the elongation...(man:- try and write that without laughing...)

CMF_Vicky lyn

» CMF Member
mipcar WROTE:

"OP says "clicking" so I am assuming multiple clicks when turning corners. CV's 99%. My 361,000 K car has worn out CV's but not yet ball joints or rear rubber mounts.

yes series/multiple clicks? does it need replacement? if i don't step too much on the gas, it won't click...

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Vicky lyn WROTE:

"mipcar WROTE:

"OP says "clicking" so I am assuming multiple clicks when turning corners. CV's 99%. My 361,000 K car has worn out CV's but not yet ball joints or rear rubber mounts."</div>

yes series/multiple clicks? does it need replacement? if i don't step too much on the gas, it won't click...

Well it wont get better, depends how long it's already been going on for, you don't need to do it "today" but you should plan on getting it done.

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
LowMicra WROTE:

"Okay I'm going to say it normal, cause I drive a Nissan pulsar currently and drive cars all the time at work (fords, holdens, toyotas, etc) and they all do it so I'm thinking it's just the switches for the indicator, but that's my opinion cause my pulsar has new cv shafts as of 2weeks ago

I am not trying to pick on you here low... Since you're a tradie, and therefore the cars you are driving are old or there for a reason which is problems. Shouldnt they "all" have the same or similar symptoms? And were your own cv joints reconditioned or brand new...

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
I am almost willing to bet my supercharged micra that its the CV joints. If it clicks turning to the right then its the left if its to the left then its the right CV. Inner or outer does not matter they all make the same sound. get it sorted

CMF_Vicky lyn

» CMF Member
Thanks for your help and comments guys, i'll have my CV joints check and confirm if there is any problem...

had my bro check the underside of the my car near the front and he said he saw the boots cut in two...not sure what he waz talking about...:)

CMF_D.K.C

» CMF Member
either the CV boots, or maybe the balljoint boots. worn balljoints can result in a clunking sound too.
Also another idea, check your wheel bearings, and that your hubs are tightened properly.

Back