Civic crx wheels

Haylz

Ex. Club Member
I may have a chance of some TSW 5 spokes from a mate off his civic crx. will the offset of them be ok for my micra?

He's not entirely sure of the offset, the pcd is 4x100 so thats ok.

Bought the wheels off my mate for £100

tswalpine.gif

Not sure if they are exactly the same as the one in the pic but they are very very similar.

they currently have 195/50/15 tyres on though so I got 4 185/45/15 from mytyres.co.uk for £124

would someone be able to photoshop them onto my car to see how they look please?
08-01-06_1231.jpg

that's the only side on pic I have of it, if it's too much trouble to photoshop them on then don't worry.

The centre bore on a civic crx is smaller than on a micra. but when i took the wheels off my bro's crx all i had to do was knock out the old adapter for the centre bore and replace it with an appropriate one.
hope this helps
stu

rj007 said:
Looks good. You're not wasting anytime getting things done to your car are you! :wow:

lol, I'm very impatient haha, it will definitely have to wait until after May to get lowered though, I'm hoping it won't look too bad with the 15's on and standard springs.

Thanks for the tip Stuart, I'll get the tyrefitters to sort that for me when I take them to get the 185/45/15's put on them.

Retepetsir said:
Just make sure you declare them on your insurance, you'll be screwed otherwise!

I know all about declaring to insurance lol, my ex put aftermarket alloys on his nova about 5 years ago, wrote it off in accident and didn't get a penny from insurance because of the car being modded and only thing different about the car was the wheels. :laugh: serves him right tho - he thought he knew better

My tyres arrived today so I just need to go and get my tyres changed over.

The tyres that are on the wheels are 195/50/15 although I know the speedo will be out will these be ok to drive on until I get the tyres swapped? ie will they scrub or catch, the car isn't lowered or owt.

The reason I ask is cos I can't get 4 wheels with tyres and another 4 tyres in the car lolol

oh got the spigot rings to go aswell. do the old ones just knock out and the new ones just knock in? or do they have to be bonded in somehow?

Thanks people

The centre bore adapters are a press fit it is as simple as knocking one out (stop giggling children) and putting the other back in.
195/50 tyres are fine if you can put up with the speedo being out. I used to run 15's with the same tyres and it was lowered 35mm and i had no problems at all.
look forward to seeing these :)

thanks mate. I have got some new 185/45/15 tyres here to go on, but if the 195/50's won't give me any problems then I don't need to hurry to get them changed as there's loadsa tread left on them.

Back