Ciggie lighter

Hey,

Went looking for the wires to connect a ciggie lighter to today, as my car doesn't have one a standard. Found a small brown block protruding from a tape bound pack of wiring directly behind the console lighter hole. Is this the connector? If so, does a lighter simply plug into it?

Thanks

Im surprised that your K11 doesn't have one, even mine, the basic L model has one. But yeah that sounds like it - i'll take mine off when i get home tonight and get a picture of mine if you want.

James.

it is strange, considering how often you see them on cars that are about the same age.

All I can say is good on Nissan if maybe somewhere someone thought of not putting one in, just as there little bit in the fight against smoking!

chrisuk said:
All I can say is good on Nissan if maybe somewhere someone thought of not putting one in, just as there little bit in the fight against smoking!

i never thought of that, would be a very clever idea if that was why they did it!

Glenn said:
chrisuk said:

i never thought of that, would be a very clever idea if that was why they did it!

??

More likely to save them money!

Well IIRC it is technically called a power point or something similar now...
A few mates have used mine as a cig lighter if they have no lighter

mine dint have one so i bought some clips, wired it all up, droped it down to the area behind the ciggy hole and found a pre wired block....grr

i used my wiring just so my time would have not been wasted...

i have been smoke free for 7 years now... woo hoo

Hello.
I have micra 97 and I also haven't cig lighter.
I don't know if I'm blind but I can't find wire to connect! Is this possible that I haven't this wire?
Maybe somebody has pictures where is it or tell me where is this tape from which protruding block?
Does wire lying on the floor or hang?

hey mate, i believe mine was stuck with black tape to the underside (i.e. the reverse side, the bit you dont see.) If you take out the ashtray thingy and get your head down in the drivers footwell you should be able to c it.

I will try take some pics 2moro.

I tried yesterday to find this connector and... nothing :( I found white plug, but with five pins. I also found brown longitudinal unit. But it looks like resistor(2kOhm) not connector?

Could anyone send me any pics of what plug I am looking for to wire a lighter up?

There is an obvious one taped up on the wiring loom about where I'd expect it to be behind the lighter/ashtray but my multimeter shows 0 volts, I found a couple of other plugs taped up behind the glove box but they are 0 volt also (all with ignition on).

Thanks for any help guys

Rich

U checked there is a fuse in the fuse box next to the steering wheel for the ciggie lighter? Maybe it reads 0 cos it only has power once the lighter is actually pushed in to heat up?

IMG_3316.JPG

there is a blue 15 amp fuse there that tests ok.

the nearest plug i'd expect to be the one has 3 wires - any ideas how to test it i see what you are saying about something needing to be inserted first)

Not sure mate, i think there are 2 plugs, certainly a brown one, which i think may be the positive and another, I only know cos i had to re-hook mine up when i switched centre console and also had to wire my footwell led's in...

Just try wopping it in if u have a lighetr there, the worst u can do is blow the fuse, isnt it? lol

3 wires sounds right, wiring for sidelights, plus and negative?? I may be wrong tho, lol

hmm,
i dont have a lighter socket yet, if there isnt a connector lurking somewhere i may as well just buy a 3 in 1 thing and chop the plug end off to wire it direct into radio power or something...but if there is a connector i want to wire a proper socket in.

Does the socket shown in URL below have a 'standard' connector on the back?
At least then I know what type of connector im looking for,
http://www.nfauto.co.uk/lighter_plug_socket.htm

just wire it straight to the battery thats all ive done and it works perfect

Have you manage to conect the lighter? I want to conect mine but the plug is missing, would like to make proper wiring to the fusebox, can you show some pics? Plz?:question:

Back