cigerette lighter

C

cazxx

hi

ive wired a cigerette lighter to the headunit, and the lighter works.
but when i put a phone charger in it, it didnt work.

does anyone know what i should do?

thanks
caz

welcome to the MSC

Have you tested another device in there other than the Ciggy lighter? Maybe the phone charger lead is dodgey? have you tried this in another car?

PS - I've deleted your duplicate thread from general chat. You should still get plenty of replies here :)

try taking the fuse out of the phone charger and flipin it round....

turn the top of the plug end and it should pop out... watch out for the spring...:)

the phone charger deffo works, i tryed it in my mates car

is the wiring from the headunit too powerfull?

Wired to headunit?
So it's using the HU's power supply?
If it is then obviously the HU has to be to work.

Have you considered wiring from a permanent soucrce?

There should be a connector block behind the dash for your ciggie lighter to plug into!

Daz

i aint got nufin, there was just a hole where it should be, i bought the ciggie lighter off ebay. just cnt make it work properly :(

there will be a connector, trust me, the little plastic bugger is kicking about somewhere! When i get a few minutes i will strip it down and make a guide for the MSC to help out other members with the same issue :)

Daz :alien:

That what I was thinking, from my experiences so far even if a micra didn't have a feature Nissan just used the same wiring.

Look for a cable with to "slits" one going " l " and anoth going " - " then off that will be one with just a " - "

when i connected my cig lighter up my dvd player and neons dint work so i got told to get an adapter which has 2 or 3 sockets on it and they worked when i plugged them in to the adapter.

Back