Cigarette lighter and anything else I plug in there blows the fuse. Why?

Title says it all. I'll put a new fuse in and the cigarette lighter or iPhone cable will work for a while then stop working. I check the fuse and it's blown. Keeps happening and it's annoying because I need it to work. Any help?

Yeah it's a 15 (I think), I've tried numerous 15's and they've all blown. I even tried a 20 just in case the cigarette lighter was too strong, it blew the 20 as well. Any ideas?

Try using something different see if it does the same thing. Take the center console off and check cable for shorts. Anything else wired to cig lighter? Tach gauge etc??

Try using something different see if it does the same thing. Take the center console off and check cable for shorts. Anything else wired to cig lighter? Tach gauge etc??
Try using something different, do you mean like a different cable, USB or something else? Because I've tried a lot of things. I'll take the center console off in the morning and have a look, what would a short look like? Sorry for the noob question

Yeah plug somethin different in to see if the thing your using is the problem. A short means that at some point the two cables ar making contact, for example if the plastic insulation from two wire is cut or burnt and the metal is contacting

Yeah plug somethin different in to see if the thing your using is the problem. A short means that at some point the two cables ar making contact, for example if the plastic insulation from two wire is cut or burnt and the metal is contacting
Ah right I see, will have a look in the morning. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 221
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 216
Hi wiring looks ok but could be a loose connection in the plug a pic of the back of the cig lighter holder might help?

Andy :D
Sorry for the poor quality but there you go. It was working last night then stopped, didn't blow the fuse though?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 212
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 226
Back