Chrome Exhaust Trims?

Ahh he replied. Said you "tighten" the screw. So- anyone got something similar?!

These things (imo) look really tacky & chavvy, especially as you can see the original tailpipe inside it!! Obviously its up to you to get one but i dont think anyone else on here has, or has been talked out of it anyway.

Search the forums and you might find something

i used to have a 4" inward rolled one and it didnt look too bad. cheap alternative to a backbox if you ask me. especially on a K11 where you cant see behind the bumper where it bolts up.

You can see the tailpipe inside? I can't see how.. the pipe surrounds the exhaust.. no? And as Tommo said, the bumper covers any further back.

I'd get a backbox if I were you mate, as them tailpipe things don't make any difference to the sound

You wont be able to see where its bolted on i agree, but depending on how big this pipe is, you'l still probably be able to see the existing one inside it

unless you do what i did and spray it black lol you could still see it but hid it fractionally.

personally id go for a new b/box. but the trims are a cheap mod

lol just found an old pic from when i bolted it on me moms lol

Picture0232.jpg

I've got a kawasaki ZX636 Art carbon end can that I'm in the process of adjusting to fit instead of the standard back box, I reckon it'll be a pretty unique sound.

im thinkin bout gettin 1 as im a student n skint continuously lol

cheaper than a back box and wil cover up the rust for now :)

Big_ben said:
get one that whistles

A few years back I ziptied a foot long piece of bicycle tube at the end of our old Micras exhaust. The sound was interesting to say the least.

It'd be funny do do that to a friends car secretly.

joe boy micra said:
id rather have one of these than a backbox. soint want ur car to sound like a hoover. like most small engines cars do with a backbox on

that all depends what u buy.... u get what u pay for imo o_O

I decided against buying it. Would just look cheap i think :)

I intend to take some pictures of my car this week for you all - and then ask for possible mod suggestions :D

Personally i'd go for the screw on one Mike.

its cheap and that style DOES cover up the old one (ive got one), although other styles might not...

Also you won't have to worry about changing your insurance as it doesn't count as a modification.

technically though ur supposed to inform ur insurance company of any changes to your car watsoever, however the premium normally only changes if its engine mods but they all have their own rules n so forth, however just dont bother - to be honest u will look like less of a ### driving round with the standard pea shooter on.

Back