Changing Spark Plugs?

again no done this yet,but ill take a guess that its clipped on aswell as bolted..dont be scared of it just pull it :D you will see wer its holding on then

its only bolts that hold it down, theres a few pipes to take off and conectors (do not have the ignition on when disconnecting things) but these are all insight, its not hard to do but if it dont come off dont force it cause it will break,

tip:

some bolts are hard to see, also theres a bracket on the left at the back of it that need to be undone

Ok, Will give it another shot tomorrow. I undone the bracket at the left. What connectors and pipes are there to be removed. I can see 1 connector and 1 pipe on the top of the engine. Are these the ones that need to be pulled off?

I've also noticed that theres 2 layers to the plastic I presume that I only need to remove the bolts to the second(bottom) layer?

Thanks for your help guys :)

Sky

Skyliner34 said:
What connectors and pipes are there to be removed. I can see 1 connector and 1 pipe on the top of the engine. Are these the ones that need to be pulled off?

yes these are them

Skyliner34 said:
I've also noticed that theres 2 layers to the plastic I presume that I only need to remove the bolts to the second(bottom) layer?

yes only the lower level is to be undone

at the top you can see a bit thats kinda like a triangle remove them bolts aswell then look down the right hand side of it to see 1 more bolt its very far down so a long extension is needed, also remove the induction pipe it will make it easier only the 2 clips on the top crossmember

if you get it off BE VERY CAREFUL when lifting it off as theres 4 bigish rubber seals that seal the top to the inlet manifold these come off very easy and get lost behind the engine if your unlucky

i will try to get some kind of pictures/guide, when i get to showing all of the bolts and nuts

Thanks Fordy.

They make them so complicated so that you have to take it back to the garage and then they can rip you off.

The new Seat altea, you cannot change either the main beam, or dip(cant remember) unless you get the front bumper off!!. Thats a nice thought to have when you have to pull over in the night and get the darn bumper off.

Thanks
Sky

if you want to change your spark plugs all you need is a spark plug remove which you can buy from halfords mate its a very easy job

me dad is servicing mine 2day if u think it would be a good idea to get sum pics n start a guide thing? we havnt got many guides in the K12 section.

dont supose your replacing them with a set of "performance" plugs? you've got me looking at a set of HKS plugs and Nismo ones now!

nismo_k12 said:
dont supose your replacing them with a set of "performance" plugs? you've got me looking at a set of HKS plugs and Nismo ones now!

lol :), I'm replacing them with NGK's. I dont think putting performance ones will give me any gains with 1.2. Where did you find the NISMO ones? I could do with some of them in my 2L Primera.

Sky

tbh "performance" plgs wont make any difference ,aslong as you use the rite plugs correct gap thats all you need

Right, av done the guide: (link removed)

Arnold - its in the K12 DIY Guides section for official members only. I had to remove your link as it became invalid when i uploaded the guide a minute ago

Thanks Kirton,

But I cannot access it.:(. I get this message:

Skyliner34, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Help!

the Nismo plugs where in my nismo catalogue for the K12. I'll have a look and see if i can find some for the primera. What model you got? P10,11 or 12?

Dont think they support P10 any more and possibly not the P11. Deffo do the P12.

Skyliner34 said:
Thanks Kirton,

But I cannot access it.:(. I get this message:

Skyliner34, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Help!
I will email you it if you give me your email address.

I followed your guide, but I cannot get the first cover off. The
front is loose, but it seems to be stuck at the back somewhere.

Any ideas on how to get it off?

Thanks

have a good look around the back of it should be a few 10mm bolts back there, i mean a real good look as they can be hard to spot if you have never taken it off before

also you dont need to split the cover into 2 pieces you can get it off in 1 piece, i personally wouldnt split it as you gunna mess around with the seal in there

Back