cg13de leaking oil

Hey guys,

So i am having problems with my front end crankshaft seal (the pulley one)

It leaks oil when the engine is running. Now i have replaced both the seal and the pulley wheel, which i swapped for the 1L version which i know is lighter. Is this definatly a straight swap? eg same seal and all?

what could have gone wrong :S

thanks

ian

were the 2 seals the same size? its an easy job to do just whip it out make sure the surfaces are clean dry, the seal should be a slight interference fit, normally use a socket the same size as the seal and gently tap it into place? not really a wrong way to do it, ive heard the pulleys are the same with the 1l being lighter havent heard any trouble with seals before,

cheers

ok, i have found the source of the leak....

basically where i have been a bit of an idiot and tried removing the crank pulley with a screwdriver i have scathed the crank casing, and altough i cannot see a visable leak it is clearly coming from here. I would obviously not like to take the whole engine out to replace the crank casing, sooo.....is there a possiblity some JB weld or such could fix this problem for me?

on a plus note the crank seal is fine ;) and it is clear that this is not leaking oil

thanks

Back