Cg13

I'm not parting with mine for less the £40, as that's what it'll probably cost me to source a replacement should I need one.

See how much it'll cost to get you one in a hurry when your car breaks down ;) But yeah, it's my emergency spare so would have to be for the right price eh :)

I know, but to get one next day in a hurry you'll be charged more is all I'm saying. Ed at fusion buys them at £25 each so i think your scrappy must be VERY friendly...

Im thinking cg13 non nats ecu, as spark map be better isnt it frank dont want over advanced as 1.0 ecu does

Retarded timing better than advanced with my plans for my cg10 hehe

Not be going with a standalone, got a friend with a focus hes turboed 200bhp standard ecu, 410bhp 3sgte st205 standard ecu ways and means around things spark, mixtute etc finding that sweet spot

do they have knock sensors tho welly ? most ecu,s are more forgiving than the CG, and many people just run loads of retard on the dizzy, but that makes the car very sluggish when daily driving
you go and retard your dizzy 30 deg and drive it like that for a week ;)

H701 strange that mate as the car was taken to tr&d lee dawes was taken out in it.

Dads a mechanic of 43 years, ways around things

Engine was all 3 gens etc

H701 strange that mate as the car was taken to tr&d lee dawes was taken out in it.

Dads a mechanic of 43 years, ways around things

Engine was all 3 gens etc
Being a mechanic for several years doesn't affect anything :p computers have their limitations

Engine was all 3 gens? Meaning what?
You mean all rev3?

Local place tweaked mine but we upgraded to a motec ecu because the standard one couldn't hack it past 350
I know the st205 ecu is tuneable but only to an extent?!

Strange how lee dawes went out in it and was impressed eh...

Think youll find the st165 block is the strongest of the 3.

Slight over bore on pistons.

Do your research for welly online. Mazota, gen 7 3sgte. Etc etc... plenty about the name.

Www.photobucket.com/wellyturbo

Few pics etc...

Sound like you dont know naff all about the 3sgte.

St205 pistons are a different compound etc

Strange how lee dawes went out in it and was impressed eh...

Think youll find the st165 block is the strongest of the 3.

Slight over bore on pistons.

Do your research for welly online. Mazota, gen 7 3sgte. Etc etc... plenty about the name.

Www.photobucket.com/wellyturbo

Few pics etc...

Sound like you dont know naff all about the 3sgte.

St205 pistons are a different compound etc
Anyone can be impressed by a quick car. Lee dawes is not the be all and end all. He's one person with 1 opinion.

A semi closed deck block will always be stronger than an open deck. Engine basics
Wasn't the material I was looking at... 86mm is a size not a material
Could of said overbore to begin with eh? Rather than try to sound clever ;)

Sounds like I've had different experiences to you.
Doesn't mean I know naff all. No need to get defensive because you've pulled off a project or 2 and someone is questioning it. Not to mention this 205 is your mates car and not your work. Wouldn't be so bad but not once did I say you've done wrong eh... called questions

Last edited:
Back