Cg10de -> Cg13de

M

mankian

Does anyone know how much it'd cost to get the above (CG10DE replaced for a CA13DE) done? including the actual engine, fitting, and anything else thats needed (such as gearbox)?

cheers

RE: CG10DE -> CA13DE

You need a few different parts, gerbox mount etc, don't know of anyone on here who has done it, you doing it yourself or getting a garage to do it?

I think ill be getting someone else to do it if its not too expensive becuase i dont have much mechanical knowledge, just i got a 2001 1.0litre micra and i think its the dogs, and bloody fast for a 1litre just doesnt go down the motorway very well, would love the bigger engine. I wont be doing it for a while anyway due to funds but i was just wondering for a future project...

thanks! :)

what is the ca13de? is it an automatic version of the cg13de?

The facelift 1.3 isnt a CG13DE, its a different engine thats nearly 1.4Litre, i thought it was CA13DE but i have no idea. Could be GA14DE? :S But in general are engine transplants expensive if you get somebody else to fit it?

thanks v. much!

mankian said:
The facelift 1.3 isnt a CG13DE, its a different engine thats nearly 1.4Litre, i thought it was CA13DE but i have no idea. Could be GA14DE? :S But in general are engine transplants expensive if you get somebody else to fit it?

thanks v. much!

The Facelifts CG13 is exactly the same mate. No diffrence in the engine. All the engines are CG13DE. (1.3 ones anyway)

I believe the 1.4 K11 engines are called CGA3DE, something I heard somewhere anyway (I always thought they were simply CG14DE at first lol)

i will check my handbook when i get a minute, im sure it says in there somewhere, but is it an expensive thing to do in general? thanks :)

mankian said:
i will check my handbook when i get a minute, im sure it says in there somewhere, but is it an expensive thing to do in general? thanks :)

Not really no, all you need is a diffrent box mount and then its just swap, plug and play. Do you have NATS?

yes i think so (too nats). does it cost much in labour charges? thanks

mankian said:

thanks v. much!

Ah, the 1325, CGA sounds right to me, you will have probs fitting janspeed manifold to it as the re is brackets and diffrent sensors that need to be overcome

janspeed manifolds the custom ones or the ones that are on as standard? (im guessing custom). I dont know what i will be doing as far as tuning goes, just want something 'worth' tuning for the future and will go down a motorway nicely, and as i thought other facelifts use CGA3DE i thought it'd be easy to whip the old engine out n put that one in, and hopefully cheap!! (but i dont know what you guys call cheap as im not working full-time lol)...

thanks 4 the replies :)

unless you have a blown engine, it would prob be easier and cheeper (both on the car and insurance) to buy a 1.3 micra instead of doing a transplant
saying that though, over the 4 years ive been on here (geeezzz didnt realise it was that long!) ive seen a fair few jump from the CG10 to the CG13... i belice there isnt a great deal of difference between the 1.0 and 1.3 engine - isnt it something to do with different cams and longer piston stroke?!

No, your greatly mistaken.

cg13de in place of a cg10de is very noticable!

plus a janspeed and your rocking...

remember.. and performance mods to a cg10 will have a greater increase on a cg13...

MUCH better in the long run... plus same tax bracket.

I'll agree with kristian there, Going from my 1.0 L to my 1.3 SR the difference IS noticable (eg 85mph [controlled conditions] at 3900rpm compared to like 4300 or something)

As for transplants though, there are downsides
  • Gearbox mounts need changing (unless you run it on a 1.0 box)
  • Earlier 1.0s didn't have a rear anti-roll bar, makes quite a difference
  • Two words guaranteed to strike fear in an insurance company salesmans heart: "engine transplant". You try telling them its the same as a standard 1.3 K11 ;)

Thanks for all the replies, i was worried abit about the insurance, because i knew it would cost more then as if it was a standard 1.3 because its "modified" o_O, and yeah it does my screw in going 4,000+ rpm @ 80 mph...

sounds like quite an expensive game, ill probably look into it furthur in the future when moneys looking better, and HOPEFULLY ill have a bigger no-claims on the insurance.

thanks again :devil:

Having done it (cd10de to cg13de) I'd have to say just buy a 1.3
You will need to change the flywheel, clutch, gearbox, gearbox mounts, gear linkages, driveshafts and preferably the ecu! And those are just the bits I remember off the top of my head. Plus many 1.0's dont have antiroll bars, but on the plus side it is a bit lighter!!!

Oh and the insurance is not nice if you have any other mods - I convinced them it was the same as a 1.3, but as soon as other mods mentioned prices rocketed (now with adrian flux)

In the next few days i am gonna put to my car the CGA3DE replacing my old CG10DE....
I found the engine in a very good contition(aprox..24k)but without wiring and ECU...
My local Nissan service store told me that there is no need for them because they use the same wiring and ECU(my original motor is with coilover)...
I only have to know if the gearbox is the same....
the sad is that i am gonna find it out in the hard way(only when my old engine is out....).....Here in Greece it is the easier and cheepest solution to change engine rather buy a new car with more power....
Whenever i have news i am gonna be in touch..

the gearboxes are different, but if you don't have the 1.4 box, the 1.0 box should fit fine. the 1.0 box has shorter ratios. my 1.0 k11 does 70mph @3500rpm, while the wife's 1.3 k11 does 70mph @ 3000rpm.
hope this helps

i would've thought so. i think you'd just need the different gearbox mount. not sure aboul clutch, but i'm sure it would fit. if not get a 1.3 clutch, correct me if i'm wrong though, but i think they're both the same.

rlees85 said:
Jim, make sure you post back here when you've done it!!!
;)
1st good news....
The engine arrived today....i didnt have the time to go to my tunning store but a very good friend of mine went....He told me that its in a very good condition..
The bad.......
The sump it is very badly harmed...i nead to buy a new one....and one of the coilpacks is absent...I contact with the Italian suplier and seams that has no idea....I asked the transport company and they dont have no idea too...
I am in a dead end......if iam gonna buy the coilpack lets say that iam gonna be in prison next day...(Greek adage)....
When iam gonna be able i will post fotos also....
be in touch....

unfortunately The Greek Official parts suplier(which is the same who sells the Nissan cars)gives 4 coilpacks and not only one...in every other part store they just dont have it.....not even used...
The trick with the sump i think that its gonna work....
greek aphorism(maxim)

Iam in the happy condition to announce you that the engine is allready feated in my car....
The past Thursday at the morning i put the car at the tuning store...
at noon was ready....:)
At all this time i was absentee my Iatlian suplier sent me a new engine....fortunately....
the new one had its wiring on it...and the best of all it was with less kilometers....only 7k...
The good one know....
It was not nececery to change the wiring because it was the same(so i had earned a spare wiring..... :p)
Also i held my old ECU....the strange in all condition and untill the time that this words are writing down i didnt have a problem(because of helding the old ECU)!!!!!
The car is going very-very good despite the fact that it has the exhaust from the old motor(only 35mm diameter)...
Soon iam going to post some fotos......

No fotos yeat but...
I changed my exhaust from 35mm diameter to 48mm with a metalic racing Catalyst...I have also allready install o new induction kit from Simota...Despite the fact that i still have my old ECU the car is going day by day better...at the end of the month im gonna put it in the dynometer to check my ps...
Im looking around to found a proper ECU and still have found nothing...have any ideas?

are the ECUs not the same? nething CGA3DE around here is impossible to find. You would just get an aftermarket stand-alone ecu and get it mapped or something, costs alotta money tho...

Back again.....
The engine is going very well....
I have done a dyno in it and with the above parts i had [email protected] bad at all!!!!!
I still have the ECU from cg10de and the only problem is that after 120-140kilometers when the load of the engine is maximum the ECU can't handle it and "puts" wrong timing(the VVTi)...so i have a loss about 15-18bhp...this was able to see only in the dynomometer because at the road it was going as i said very well....iam thinking to put the APEXi SAFC but i dont know if the wiring can be fitied...can somebody tells?

have you tried reseting the ecu? it should relearn and adapt to the new engine, might help! just diconnect the battery and touch the 2 cables together to release any static in the system and leave disconected for at least 12 hours. Does anyone know recomended time??

that engine seems low on power to me. I've seen CG13's put out that much power and at a lower rev point. I wouldnt have expected a CGA3DE to run well, even at all on a CG10 ECU, from my understanding a lot of parts have changed. Introducing coilpacks etc, unless your engine was of a later spec anyway then forgive me for making the assumption it isnt. Although this statement of the VVTi does interest me. As far as i'm aware there wasnt any micra engine with VVTi, merley a knock/pin sensor.

Ian

Where do you get the mounts got cg13 gear box?? if i do get phills engine gear box and ecu with 1.3 driveshafts what else do i require to fit it.

Back