cg engine info

superls

K10 Tuner
probably one for frank but ive put it here to keep it open for otheres to view/input, as opposed to pm'ing him.

what im after is, the thickness of the cast cylinder liners, the thickness of the ally around the liners and the distance between the cylinders.

id measure them myself but i done have a engine split yet.

how do the liners come out? / how are the held in?

this is probably one for ed (fusion), cos i seem to remember he's had/having some liners made for his st. what sort of cost is involved with having new liners made? are they made of anything special? or are they just a grade of cast iron?

cheers all, keep your eve on this one t could get interesting, in the planning stages of another winter engine project.

Just had a quick google. They're made from centrifugally cast grey iron apparently. You going for a bored out capacity boost?

there are some pics in my blog of a liner i smashed out with a sledge hammer scott :grinning: and it was only 2mm thick (the ally surround was,nt much thicker either)
they,re a "cast in" type, and a limitation is gonna be the gasket really (there,s only a 7mm bridge between bores :eek:)

yer i remember you doing it in your blog, but didnt have the time to trawl through all 20 odd pages at lunch lol, i suspected that it wasnt very thick, and my fear is the gasket 7mm isnt alot especially as i intend to go around 2mm bigger on pistons, ill do some investigations still futher, custom gasket and all that, lol

Back