Central Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle

Anyone had any experience fitting central locking systems to k10's?

yes:D

simple proceedure really.

control box.
seliniods.
1 seliniod is the master and should have 6 cables from it. the other should have 2 positive and negative. the master one goes to your drivers door.

fitment is basically very easy, u get in the pack a bar and 2 brackets.
attach the clip bracket around the bar and then around the door pin bar. then loop the other end of the bar around the seliniod.
then it just a case of fitting the seliniod to secure place. be it to the door directly or the second bracket then to the door
. as long as u make this secure it shouldnt move.and when the seliniod is activated this send the signal to the control box, and in turn sending to the other seliniods.

the control box requires a constqant power feed to it and an earth making. it will have a short piece of cable with a connector on simply run this to a secure location to earth it out. and run (or hack into) a direct power to the battery.

i shall get a guide up about it sooner or later. they just all on my old system and havent had chance to implement them to the new site yet.

check out guides section also for other guides soon

wayne

Got a remote central locking kit fitted on mine. I believe its the same as Quicky's, although it didnt look simple to fit from where i was standing! i left that to Ed (seemed easy for him!) lol.

Definitly worth the money, got the kit off ebay... remote locking, Alarm, Anti Hijack.. no need bending keys in jamming locks now!

yeah, probably the same one as mine then in that case lol. I got my dad to wire it but he cocked up so that i have RCL but not normal CL, still im not bothered though has all the alarm features n that n if i leave the car it locks itself - good job i have 2 keys to my car - locked myself out on first day

I fitted my central locking a while ago, but its weird because when i first had it all doors would unlock at once!, but now its more like 1...2......3.4

I guess the procedure is identcal for the K11?

What do you do about all the wires that have to run to the solinoids? Obviously they have to go under the trim but what bits?

kev_mono72 said:
haha. I just disconnected my locks and removed my door pins. Just to make it harder for someone to get in....

If someone wants to get in, they will!! No door pins or locks usually means they'l either bend the doors or smash the glass!

the aftermarket remote ate batteries, so ended up just doing CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back