Central Locking probs

C

ChuckleBunny

Hello all. i had a problem with interferience on my K11, with my Subs and amps which replacing the HU sorted :laugh: The only problem i have now is the central locking that i fitted (and worked) doesnt work from out ouside, but it works on the inside o_O . If i put my old HU in it all works!

Any advice plz coz its got me stumped!

so the central locking doesn't work from the outside, (the door that you unlock opens but none of the others)

and when you push the internal lock on the drivers door they all lock yea?

that is weird....

so locking the driver's door from the outside only locks the driver's door?

that should still lock all the doors because the lock on the inside will lock when you do the outside one...

i can't think of anything other than wiring unless the outside lock on the driver's door isn't actually locking the door because then it's just simply the con rod is out of alinement...

I know m8, its so strange and annoying. The only reason i think it must be the wiring is because it happened when i changed the HU. Looks like its a garage job.............. :down:

hmmm, check the black box in the driver's foot well and make sure all the connections are ok,

also test if it works when you unplug the new HU,

if it does work then it could be a problem iwth the HU wiring which is easy because you can just re-wire it.

i don't know what i can do with out seeing it.

soz:down:

take off the driver side door card, the solinoid will hav a metal bar connecting itself to the locking bar, make sure the connection bracket inbetween these bars is tight! While u hav it off, lock the door from the outside and the inside to see if the bar slides, coz they shudnt... dats all i can tink of, and dat has nuttin to do wit the HU...

thanks 4 the advice - i`ll have a lokk next week when im not at work. Keep ya posted.....................

tnx again

no probs mate,

i can't see how it would be related to your HU but i'm sure it's a simple problem :)

no luck - had the door off and everything looks fine. :down: The only reason I thought it might be the HU, (apart from the total lack of knowledge) is because it only started when I had it replaced.

does the lock, lock when you turn the key from the outside? because if the central locking works when you push the lock by hand but doesn't when you move the lock with the key then it must be somthing conecting the the lock barrel with the puch lock...... if that makes sense :)

yer the lock,locks (if thats what u mean :eek: ) just it wont lock the other door, just from the inside it works.

ok that means it's not a problem with the central locking itself but a mecanical fault with the link between the lock on the outside and the lock on the inside.

.....unless it is a problem with the door switch... see if the doors will lock from the outside with the doors open,

goodluck :)

When i fitted central locking in my k10 a couple of days ago i found on the back of the barrell there is a piece of plastic, that was sometimes catching on the block used to attach the actuator rod and the standard door lock rod.

Back