HELP!! central locking 4 k11

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all :)

i took the locks off my car ;) but now i can't lock the car doh!

so i went to the mighty bay and got me a budget £20 remote thingy to fit to my central locking system.

but i can't figure out the wiring in my micra!

i have a 98 Gx1.3 with factory central locking, and there is a magic box in the driver's footwell that makes it all work and i can't work out which wires trigger the motors in the doors :(

anyone have a wiring diagram for the unit? i have bodged it so that it works using a relay but i it needs doing properly because its a bit dodgy at the mo...

any help from you lovely people would be great :D

thanks all

update: i've put together a test loom but i don't think it works as it keeps blowing fuses lol :(

Try attaching a bulb or l.e.d. to the different wires to see if that triggers anything when you activate the central locking.

Do you have a haynes guide?

iirc you have 5 wires running to each motor?

i think i spent roughly 2 days with bridging wire, a multimeter, and a haynes wiring diagram. and i still couldnt figure out which wire did what

so i disabled the factory central locking and installed maplin el cheapo central locking kit for £15 once the motors were placed it was a 2min job of hooking up the remote

bal

the haynes wiring diagram is useless unless your and absolute expert at electrics,
im quite good at that stuff but the way theyve done it is strange and complicated

If you're still having trouble when I come to help fitting my old window gear in a mates car I will take notes for you.
If you do get them done let me know though to make our life easier.

thanks people for all your replies :D its up and running now ;)

but for future referance:

there are Four wires running to both the front doors
three are high guage and one is low guage
two are for the motor
one (the black one) is earth
the thin red and yellow one is the signal wire

when the signal wire is attached to earth and the locks are locked then all the doors will unlock, when the doors are unlocked and one of the signal wires are disconnected from earth then all the doors lock

if you check the control box you will see two plugs and one of them has the two signal wires from the front doors. cut the wire going to the DRIVERS door and put a relay between the wire which is normally closed.

this means that when you provide a 12V+ pulse to the relay it will cut the signal wire between the door lock and the control box long enough for the motors to switch.

then use a negative pulse to provide a negative signal below the relay so that the control box thinks the signal is comming from the door.

basically you are trying to replicate a third door.

if anyone has any problems then i'm now an expert lol :D after spending 6 days looking at it with no wiring diagrams for either curcuit and only a multimeter :p

hope this helps someone ;)

oh and to add,

i had to brake apart my door motor to find out how it worked and i failed to get a replacement because all the micras in the scrap yards diddn't have central locking BUT i found that a door motor from a primera (p11 i think) is a straight swap except it has a different plug. all i had to do is unbolt the motor and cut the plug off too and then splice it on to the micra plug. the wires are the same... nissan want £85 for a new motor and take 17 days to get them in!!!! #### that!

if anyone likes i can take pics and draw wiring diagrams let me know ;)

I am having the same problem but somehow i cannot PM you.
Bascilly i am trying to install the same thing but was stuck there for long time. can you please explain further for me please. i did got the same box under the foot you talking about but i dont know what to do next. also the -ve pulse mean when you press the fob it gives out -12v right?

many thanks

william

sorry mate i didn't spot your post.

what kit did you buy? can you post it up? and please explain how far you have got with it now

Hi there, its been a while before i try the central locking and i am stuck on somthing. I manager to get the negetive pulse off my alarm system but i try to connect to the pulse cable of the central locking control box but there are nothing happen. which wire should i connect to the negetive pulse to?

you mention that i need to cut some wires off, which wire i need to cut off.

Many thanks

William

Back