CD/Radio problems

CMF_neilsb

» CMF Member
I've just replaced the standard radio with a CD using the correct cable adaptors on my daughters micra. It would not power up, so I put the old radio back on and this has no power! I've checked/changed the fuse in the fuse box, but still no joy. I've one very irate daughter, can anyone help?

CMF_neilsb

» CMF Member
Yeh, that what I was thinking, but the original radio does'nt work either. Could they both be 'borked' (never heard that word before), probably unlikely. Anyway I've found someone with a multimeter, so I'll give that a go.

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
another idea (dont laugh) but on some cars the areial acts as the only ground. without this attached there will be no power. primera are a defo in this area. although some micra's mybe the same.

Attachments

• 11458.jpg
    11458.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 29

CMF_starswalker

» CMF Member
I had a similar problem with the standard radio (my car is a k12 model, I don't know if its the same as yours). I have solved the problem by extracting the 15amp fuse located at the motor and inserting it again after waiting a few seconds. The radio started again and all I had to do was to enter the security code to unlock it.

I hope this will works for fou.

(sorry for my english I'm not used to write in that language)

Back