Carbon Monoxide

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before i did a search and turned up nothing.

A bit sombre for a Friday morning but I had a phonecall in the middle of the night from my bf from the hospital, we were talking earlier and he felt very sick and dizzy woozy and tired and was thinking of going to bed, Im so glad he didnt because the sickness was because of a leak in his gas heater and if he had gone to bed he probably wouldn't have woken up. So I thought I would take the chance to just say think about making sure you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your house because it is so easy to become ill or worse from such a simple thing.

My mate had one in his house for 4 years, made him really pale and weak and tired.

Not good stuff :(

Craig

If you are getting symptoms like that, definately take a look at your boiler's flame. If they are orange then that could well be the cause. All the flames should be blue.

Dangerous.. I got a CO detector in my flat since the bioler is in the bedroom... And its not only boilers that are dangerous, last year while on a long drive with a friend in his Peugot 106 with the back box missing, the monoxide was getting in through the back of the car, and gave us a major head ache.

Back