Carb help!

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
Hey just got my new ich34 carb today, my step dad is making a custom adapter plate to suit my custom inlet manifold so i just need to know wot way the carb is positiond and do i have enough clearance in the engine bay once the k&n is on, pictures would be helpfull, also do i need to get this rejetted or what? cheers :grinning:

re-jet is a must mate, the 34ich is used on a hell of a lot of cars so you have no idea what jets are in there. they are cheap to buy and easy to do so do it for piece of mind. you can get crazy good MPG on a 34 with the right jets. i once had 100 miles for a 1/4 of petty (56 mph on a motorway) ;)

as for possition ill try and find a picture of one fo my old ones

jet size's;

24mm choke
125 main jet,
f50 emusion tube
180 air jet,
50 pump jet,
10 pump bleed back valve

ok mate best i can do ATM

part marked F faces the engine (front of car) B faces the Bulkhead ;)

34ict.jpg

excelent mate yea pics would be great, if i just phone up webber will they sort these parts out for me? i bought the landrover 2.2 1ch 34 carb if that helps?

ah yeah quite common to find these on a Landy, aye phone webber mate they make a 34ich kit for the k10 so they will know what jets you need depending on the engine size :)

kool stuff i got a custom inlett mani too and curtis is sending me his custom outlet i also got a st camshaft and denso spark plugs and perf ht leads, and a straight through waiting for me u reckon ill get a decent power increase its a 1.2 its curtises old white micra

get it rolling road tuned you should get a fair amount fo power from that yes. the inlet is the biggest restriction so replacing that should make a big differnce.

which exhaust manfifold and inlet will you be using? the 4-2-1 from my last k10?

good stuff :D, yea was plannin on rolling road , would they fit the jets and carb etc? or will i have to get sumone else to do that first then take it? yea its the custom janspeed one

its not a jan speed its a k11 NME manifold (seriously rare) its far better than a janspeed ;)

a good tuning place should fit the jets etc for you yes but its not that hard to do yourself and itll save you alot of money ;)

i got no tools wotsoever so i rely on my hard earned cash! lol i pay for all my stuff much easyer for me, but getting things made for me is no problem ( step dad works at british areospace making alliminuim plane parts etc and got alot of welder and trade friends etc but no real mechanics they all vauxhaul boys haha) ooo lookin forward to gettin that then haha he should have the money there today so he will prob send today and ill get for monday, got soo much more to get but i will keep yas all updated and try get pics soon ! :D

Back