Weber Carb

Batch

Ex. Club Member
Boys and girls, just bought a weber off Matt Cooper and before i fit it what are the chances that the carb gasket will need changing?

Don't ever think the carb has been taken off, also my local parts stores can't seem to get hold of them so does anyone know (if needs be) whether i have to go to Nissan or anywhere else to find one?

Thanks guys

(on second thoughts, should the Weber come with an adapter plate?)

the carb has been taken off mate as it was mine and matt took it and cleaned it up and unless matts got a new gasket yes u do need one as mine split when i took it off

Normal nissan gasket for the stock carb is what you need and you will need one.

Ed

Is it a Nissan Jobby or are there any other places you know of to get a new gasket?

What's the condition of the Carb like, it ain't shagged is it?

Need to know it's not gonna mess anythin up cuz my other car's off the road

local motor factors matey send me your postcode and ill tell u were!!

wayne but you WILL need a gasket. u dont want it leaking!!

B90 1JH

Recon i could get one by tomorrow?

So with the K&N and the S/S system it should be a tad quicker will it?

Can't wait, might be able to start driving it to work and back if it's a little quicker

Blueman AutopartsUnit 1, Grafton Rd, Redditch, Solihull, West Midlands B92 0 Tel: 0121 772 7204

should be able to sort you out with one:D

nope, everyone just says that they've never seen one and that it's probably a nissan only part

Blueman don't do them, neither does my local

whats goin on, has the world gone mad?

Cheers anyway Quick

you may want to double check with blue man and ask what they do in the FULL GASKET set. as you may get one iin this depending on if it blueprint or nissan part

strange should just be a carb gasket lol and yes i did feel a bit more power and more grunt from it also u may want to change the choke cable that one is fine but it dont lock so u have to hold it out

I have looked a few places for the carb gasket, only managed to find it at the Nissan dealers (though no doubt there are other places that do them).. For the hassle though its not that expensive from Nissan, I think it was about 8 pounds. A lot for a bit of paper or whatever I suppose, but not really that much money.

yes, its nissan only, but most places wil ldo a gasket set.

I seriously dont understand why people are still messing about with these webers.

Back