Car runs 100% better after a good telling off!

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
I just noticed that after my cars been down a motorway or something and held at high-ish revs (3,500-4,000) for a while, it runs 100% better, like it doesnt mis-fire, its more responsive, and smoother throughout the rev-range, especially top-end!

Is this fairly normal??

Tis a 1.0 K11 Facelift

Cheers!

I notice that after motorway driving I have a little more pull in higher gears, maybe placebo though. Although your car shouldn't really be mis-firing anywhere?

mis fires at high rpms before a good telling off on the m/way, been doing it for ages, cant seem to find the problem, going to try replacing the feul filter soon as its only a couple of quid!!

The reason the car run better after run on the motorway is because you get rid of the unburnt fuel in the combustion chambers that why when you are going for a mot you should drive your car at high rev's so the emissions are better

Robert Whelan said:
The reason the car run better after run on the motorway is because you get rid of the unburnt fuel in the combustion chambers that why when you are going for a mot you should drive your car at high rev's so the emissions are better
.......... correct!

so if my cars mis-firing before going down the motorway, could it be theres "more-then-usual" unburnt fuel in the combustion chambers? and if so what could be causing this? (un-clean feul maybe? like due to a bad filter, lines, etc)

What you should do is take each spark plug out and compare them they should look like a light brown on them all if not you have a spark problem and should replace the leads and spark plug if this doesn't cure the problem you are going to have a look at the distributor and after that the ECU also make sure your fuel filter is clean as well aswell your air filter

Back