Car not accelerating well

CMF_Radiolite22

» CMF Member
Hi all,

Recently I'm experiencing some problem with my acceleration. It seems like the car will hesitate for a short moment, then surge forward. I can feel this especially in the 3rd gear.

Is it a possible TB, dizzy or fuel/injectors problem?

Please help!!! :(

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
mine i replaced and thought was pump then injectors, relay, earthing, dizzy t/b....in the end was a faulty tps... lol

if not the case with yours, i think t/b..clean it with electrical cleaner first b4 changing anything...

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Have you fitted the Autronic? If sonmight need another tune for the difference in clare. If you did fit it did you also fit the throttle body. If not just fit it and your problem should be sorted. Failing that then I would start with the simple things. Fuel filter and spark plugs. Then move to taking the throttle body off cleaning it and also resolvering it just to be Safe. Then check that your fuel pressure is not dropping as you try and excellerate. If that's all ok then it could be a number of things from blocked injector, vacuum leak, tps .

In my experience but not always right if it's fuel then The surging etc will be very noticeable and almost harsh feeling.

Back