Car Idles at 2000 RPM!!! Please advise.

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hello,
My little Machine (95 SLX) has only been on the road less than two weeks now. It already has a brand new throttle body / mass air-flow meter. When i first installed it the car idled PERFECTLY! Now it wants to idle at two grand! I am fairly sure that it has something to do with fuel, as i am on my third fuel filter in less than a week. (had some rusty junk in the tank that was blocking the filter and causing the car to stall). So has some rubbish gotten past the filter perhaps? Do i need to clean out the fuel rail? Let me know what you think. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Hello. Well this issue hasn't resolved itself, so what should I do people? Please help! It is so stressful having the car constantly idle at 2000 RPM! I checked the coolant lines and blew them out with compressed air, so shouldn't be any blockages there. I unplugged the little sensors on the throttle body and sprayed them with WD40 and I'm pretty sure it fixed the issue for like two hours! Help...:$

CMF_BeeBoop

» CMF Member
Frank.... Will you marry me and have my babies??? :p
It's FIXED! Totally was the problem. Perhaps my new icv was damaged when i pressure washed the engine, because i removed it, cleaned it, and put it back in but it was still idling at 2000rpm! So i removed the old one from the original throttle body and did the same, and now the car idles at 1100rpm. Which i sooo much better, i don't think i would want it any lower than that because when the air-con compressor engages it drops the revs by around 500rpm. This normal??? :D

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
that actually how i stuffed mine the first time...i can tell you that o ring is pretty hard to find..i had to take it to a engine builder to get it..get a new o ring and you can drop the idle to 6-700.

Back