car broken

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
hi need a bit of help working whats up with the micra. was fine untill the overnight when it started losing power and really struggled and sounded at one point like it was runing on only 2 cyls :S it would hardly move, i stopped turned it off and turned it back on and it was fine for about 5 minutes and started again it then wouldnt tick over wothout constant throttle. went to pick it up today on the way back was except wouldnt idle would just cut out when clutch own then that cleared when car was warm then after about 20minutes driving it started missing again above 3000rpm wouldnt rev anymore and dropped down to 3 and 2 cylinders, turned it off coasted to stop started it again and was fine for the last 5 minutes of the journey. any ideas of what to check for? im thinking carb as the second time it did it im sure i could smell petrol cheers for any help

found the problem i think. did a resistance check on ht leads one was 24k ohms (should be 10-20 per metre) and the other was varying between 18 and infinty im geussing the petrol smell was where it was runing on 2/3 and the fuel was just going in to cyl and out exhaust, driven it twice since and has no problems but thanks for the sugestions guys, also whilst checking coil managed to snap a terminal d'oh so will have to find another one sometime

another problem now car is now misfiring when ever i give it more than 1/8 throttle im geussing its the coil as i snapped the - terminal although i managed to get the nut to stay on and hold the cables on. Did a resistance check and across the lt terminals the resistance was sky high. I got given a 12v electronic ignition coil by a mechanic he didnt know what car it was off but said it would be fine is that true as i wired it up it ticks overs but takes ages to start and the resistance is diffrent to the limits haynes has in it. Will it be ok to use for a couple of days untill i find a o.e one?

Back