Can it be done for £1000

hi just want to introduce my self to the mirca world. im after a little project to replace my polo mk4 16v as i wrote it off many yrs back. my aim is to spend no more than £1000 on the car and modifications but in my advantage i do have sum bits left over from my polo ATS classic's 13"x8" ( brand new as i wrote the car off before i got chance to put them on), 16v bumpers my adapt to fit if it is worth it, an have a good freind who owns a body shop.

My aim

micra k11
13" ATS classics
dropped on the deck
roll cage
exhaust
and some body work ( bad boy bonnet, grill, new colour)

any help much appreciated

5ucky

Finished3.jpg
[/IMG]

a roll cage for the micra is about £500 for a start, but the rest is just about doable, it depends on how much of the work you can do yourself. but the roll cage is the exspensive bit

fair enough even if i got a show cage till money comes in the bank or do alot of over time. as i said body work is not a problem but its gona be the front bumper im worryid about is it gona look right or look like a polo. as i cant seem to find any bumpers i like for the micra on the tinterweb.

5ucky

It's do-able, did you have a roll cage in your polo, it should fit. The bumpers shouldn't take much work either. Slamming it is the most expensive bit imo as you'd need coilovers

unfortunately i didnt have a roll cage in my car as it was my every day car. but i do still have the weitec coil-overs for it and had it at lowerd 60mm with 15's on and was gona go to the bumpstops n 13's but it didnt do so well against the tree with a mk3 golf vr6 engine in the front of it. but now as ive got a civic mb2 as a every day / family car i can have a toy again.

5ucky

Finished2.jpg
[/IMG]

The polo's bumper looks kinda impul-like, should look good if you can fit it properly :)

As said, if you got the wheels (and they fit?) all you really need to spend a lot on are coilovers and the cage, expecially if your mate owns a bodyshop!

I need to find me a bodyshop owner to befriend..

I expect some arches will be needed to cover up such wide wheels though!

the wheels will fit they both have a pcd of 100x4 just check the centre bores

good luck with this by the way! (Y)

Sell the polo coilovers to pay for the micra ones

good thinking hmmmmm now the fun begins. time for the autotrader me thinks.

and yes the polos are

Volkswagen Polo 4 x 100 32...38 57.0

and

Nissan Micra 4 x 100 35...42 59.0

so a trip down to halfords to order a new set of spiget rings

5ucky

good thinking hmmmmm now the fun begins. time for the autotrader me thinks.

and yes the polos are

Volkswagen Polo 4 x 100 32...38 57.0

and

Nissan Micra 4 x 100 35...42 59.0

so a trip down to halfords to order a new set of spiget rings

5ucky

Halfrauds lol, should be allright though i think the hubs arent hubcentric cuz my centrebores on my new alloys were too small so had to space them so the centrebores didnt touch and ive had no problems. Touch wood

Halfrauds lol, should be allright though i think the hubs arent hubcentric cuz my centrebores on my new alloys were too small so had to space them so the centrebores didnt touch and ive had no problems. Touch wood

well my local motorworld got shut down due to new ownership or summat so all my freebies got stopped so i was prity disapointed

5ucky

Ahhhh thats unluck i hate it when things like that happen its typical, and having to resort to halfauds makes it worse

I have had an urge for a K11 rolling on Classics for a long time. Too many pound notes for me at the mo though. You gotta get up pics asap! Trial fit pics even!! Purlease!

Whats the offset on the classics, I'm in the process of getting 13x6 et13 wheels on mine and they stick out too far really, just as well i cant lower it as much as i wanted (swmbo has layed down the law). I'll be running 155s to try and keep the tread under the arches (side wall pretty much straight) but I might have to go down to 145s but it would be pretty silly to under tyre the car. I wouldnt have thought that any ammount of stretch would keep the tread under with the x8s on.

Oh and if the seats are tapered on the wheels you dont really need the spigot rings anyway because the taper will center the wheel, its only really there to help you get the wheel on. Tighten the nuts in opposite sequence and it'll be fine.

just an update im going lookin at 3 micras over the weekend so hopefully my project should come to plan. is there any commen faults i should look out for so i can haggle and knock money off there asking prices lol

5ucky

Back