• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Can I swap over standard K13 heating control panel to a climate control one ?

Hi there members. Hope you all well and enjoying the weekend :) . Just need some assistance
I have a Micra K13 Visia and the temp control knob on the heating control panel has gotten very stiff and does not turn without making a "cracking" sound which doesn't sound good.
Now I could go and purchase a like for like heating control panel from ebay but I wanted to ask if I can replace the standard K13 panel with a climate control panel. They both look like they fit exactly in. My only concern is the backend wiring. Would I need additional electrics to allow for the climate control features to work ( e.g. AC, auto mode, front heater and rear heater swicthes etc )
compare panels.PNG

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated. Kind regards Abs

Potentially yes, but it is not as simple as just swapping the dials for the digital version. You will also need to replace the HVAC gubbins behind the dash... and its a dash out job - it would be a significant job.

The heater control nob being stiff is a common complaint. You can help it somewhat by lubricating the HVAC blend door pivot which can be seen from under the dash on the passenger side but I think there is a potential problem internally to the unit and whilst ours is better, it still has a slightly stiff spot. You may also find that the wire (bit like a bike brake or gear change cable) may have also come loose on its mounting clip which doesn't help the situation.

I have a post on this forum which details what I did.

Potentially yes, but it is not as simple as just swapping the dials for the digital version. You will also need to replace the HVAC gubbins behind the dash... and its a dash out job - it would be a significant job.

The heater control nob being stiff is a common complaint. You can help it somewhat by lubricating the HVAC blend door pivot which can be seen from under the dash on the passenger side but I think there is a potential problem internally to the unit and whilst ours is better, it still has a slightly stiff spot. You may also find that the wire (bit like a bike brake or gear change cable) may have also come loose on its mounting clip which doesn't help the situation.

I have a post on this forum which details what I did.
Apologies for the late reply. Thanks for the advice. I’ll let you know who I got on. 🙂

Back