Cam belt cover

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

i am currently changing the head gasket and wondering how to remove the bottom part of the cam belt cover i have taken off the top part and the engine mount but it wond budge with all the bolts at the bottom of it removed :(

any ideas?

Cheers

Steve

Everytime ive removed it ive snapped it lol...

Make sure you have all the bolts off because there are a couple of sneaky ones

yeh i had to take off the bottom pulley in the end

ALSO another question

is there a way to set the TOP cam shaft as some pillock has moved it while the head was being skimmed and now the two shafts will be out of alignment NOT GOOD!! :(

ALSO another question

is there a way to set the TOP cam shaft as some pillock has moved it while the head was being skimmed and now the two shafts will be out of alignment NOT GOOD!! :(

you have to line up the timing marks dont you steve ? :)

i lined up the timing marks when the cam belt was on to ZERO degrees on the main shaft as stated in the haynes but then i took the cambelt off, got it back from the skim and the cam is in a different position to the main crank so how am i going to align these again as i cant see any markings on the top cam

franks right theres a mark on the pully and a mark on the head you have to line up, shows you in the haynes manual, it wont be bang on tho if the heads been skimmed

Back