Caltex fuel

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Bit of a carryon/bitch session following micragirl's problems.

Guess who's DIESEL patrol is idling rough, driving rough, absolutely gutless and detonating.

lol. Bloody caltex fuel.

Filled both tanks (125L worth) at the Caltex behind the Logan Hypderdome.

Whats happening? Well, check engine light turned on as soon as the new fuel started hitting the filter/pump. This means there's water in the diesel. Not good.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
hey this is wierd. i got a bad batch of vortex 98 from caltex last week, it clogged up my filter real bad. i noticed the problem when on full boost i could feel the car leaning out like can feel it start to shudder a little so back right off accelerator. changed fuel filter and it was filthy. didnt have a problem till i got that tank of fuel.

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Caltex isnt too bad here in Perth. But Gull is the real winner. They usually have lower prices and now have the sxc Bio-Diesel in the City! Its really not that cheaper but still nearly on par with unleaded fuel in price.

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
After Caltex's flippant handling of my "water in the fuel" problem, I vowed never to buy my fuel from there ever again! To this day I remain true to my promise, I calculated that I usually purchase $40 a week of petrol, multiply that out over 12 months, comes to $2080.00...by far more excessive loss to them than the $500-00 compensation I was asking for the damage to my fuel system.
I realise that I am small potatoes to this mob, but its my stance that I choose to take. My brother's philosophy on the rising fuel prices is this...every consumer should rock up to the bowser and purchase 20 cents of fuel. That's all. 20 cents. Would cost them more than that to run the fuel pumps and pay the attendant, be a pain in the ass but if we did this for a few days or a week even, he reckons they might double-think their forever fluctuating fuel prices.

cisco

» CMF Member
Hehe that's funny.

Yeah then they would just double costs to match, and you'd need a lot of petrol stations around to keep getting your 20c from so that you didn't run out of fuel.

But I love this funny idea! :)

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
micragirl from that $2080 they would only get a small % of that as money for themselves. probably a lot less then $500. so there still up at the moment, but keep staying away and eventually they will be worse off lol.

Back