C30 - Want!

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
dscn1375dz5.jpg

dscn1357py1.jpg

plenty of these puppies in sweden, but not my cup of tea, i prefer the oldskool T5s :D

^ prototype from a factory affiliated tuner, supposed to have 450BHP! It is indeed an excellent colour.

Surely there arn't many that pull off a stance like the top one though Nex?

Surely there arn't many that pull off a stance like the top one though Nex?

its so much worse than that. in sweden, car modification is effectivly illegal, to modify a car you need special insurance for modded cars which is so high that the only people who can afford it just buy lambos and stuff. so i have actually seen no modified cars other than some different alloys and tinting film.

so no all the cars here are standard, every single one of them. partly the reason i want to come back and grab my Gx, they wont have seen anything like it :D

On the upside though wouldn't be bad if you bought a second hand car knowing it's always standard...

On the upside though wouldn't be bad if you bought a second hand car knowing it's always standard...

that would be cool, then you wouldnt need "build not bought stickers". it would be always build

About that volvo im loving front of that car. Rear is just hideous. Imo it ruins the car

Yeah the back is definately the weakest part of the design. I love how from the front it actually looks like a 2+2 coupe, with the roof line running down to a propper boot, a bit like a 1 series coupe.

NeX that sound like a modders hell. But you can insure it over here and get a green card and be happy driver over Sweden :)

yea it is a modders hell, but on the up side my car has uk number plates so its off the grid ;)

i wonder if you can change the back of the volvo enough for it to be good. it looks like an estate at the back but with a really tiny hatch, i think volvo back ends have kinda always been down hill, i hate the rear lights,

right, i love that front end on the blue one so much that i am considering getting one of these cars, but the back end is really putting me off so i did a photoshop to see if it can be salvaged. i gave it a bit of a ford focus back...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 196
I like the way that you have raised the body part of the hatch up to the shoulder line, but I think the hatch would work better with the top half of the rear lights tinted black to make the rear window visually wider.

Or just chop the back half of the roof off and fabricate a new rear half and side windows (meganne/focus/1 series coupe) whatever worked best, and make it into that 2+2 that it should be.

i know what you mean, it still looks like an estate, just goes to show that volvo dont do small lol. i was thinking of chopping it and reducing the wheel base and see if that fixed it....because just look at that blue one, it is perfect!

I think I prefer the gold one, particuarly the headlights and simpler bumper. The modded one looks like a blue stormtrooper.

lol actually i see what you mean about the storm trooper look, maybe its the paint it makes it look very plasticy, maybe a matt black would be better? i don't like how the gold one is not level with the ground, thats my only problem with it

I think the rake is defined by the height of the rear wheel arch. To get the wheel/tyre/arch lip interface the same front to rear there needs to be some rake. My old merc was very like this, it sat level and I really didn't like how the rear was so much more tucked than the front. Micras are simmilar to but to a much lesser degree. I like a nive eaven arch gap and quite like a bit of rake, but thatt one does as you say have a lot. So now we have got to raise the rear arch in the bodywork to get it sitting right!

yea thats a pain, my cabriolet seems to sit perfectly, took ages of suspention adjusting but i am pretty sure you could mesure it with a ruler and the sill would be parallel with the ground as well as the wheels being tucked under the arches. but then i want to wide arch it so i get to say where the arches go this time

Back