bypass valve plumbing

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
hey guys, i've checked over all the tech docs i can find but can't get a definitive answer on which vac pipe goes to which end of this bypass valve...

just need to know where each one goes, according to the diagrams, one hose is blue and the other is white

can anyone help me out?

cheers

bypassvalve.jpg

vacuum-0001-1.gif

Try print off this and compare it to the original,it should be clear what way its plumbed
Follow the blue and red !!!!

just unclear because of the way its oriented i wasn't too sure...

i take it blue goes up where the sticker is and white on the one on the side

Its clear to see on the diagram they connect onto metal pipes white goes to the back of the inlet and the blue to the left on the Y shaped pipe

for ed

vacuum-0001-1.gif

Try print off this and compare it to the original,it should be clear what way its plumbed
Follow the blue and red !!!!

quik question for ed well actually more of a favour is there any chance you could tell me going on the colour coding of the vacumm pipes of this diagram what each colour pipes size are??

the pink ones are fatter than the rest of them.. actually, the pink one going from the top port of the vac control valve thingy is fat, the rest are skinny, except maybe one of then... amazingly i haven't had to dig around in my engine bay playing with vac hoses for a while now!

also when you pull off the hoses on some of the metal pipes you'll notice there is a dab of paint that corresponds to the colour in that diagram

pipe

i dont mean to sound very cheeky marty but i knew dat information already ive changed all off the smaller ones to 4mm red hoses but i just wanna see if ed nos exactly wat sizes each of them are, if you pm me your email address ill send you pics off my st the way it looks at the moment

pipe

i dont think my membership allows me to post up any pics of it, its nearly fin, the car has had a ful respray and slowy changing things in the engine to red!!

Back