Bye Bye Micra

Hey guys,

Unfortunately I am getting rid of my micra. It's served me well over the years but the 1L engine doesn't supply enough power for my 300 mile trip back home most weekends. Fuel consumption is high aswell. I'm going to be getting a mk5 golf for commuting, probably a 1.9 TDI. Am i still allowed to be part of the forum without a micra :O ? Still only at 64k miles too.

As long as you're modding the golf and bloging it in the 'non-micra car blogs' I don't see why not. Should consider a 1.3 micra though, can do some comfortable motorway miles and notch up some impressive speeds :)

Get yourself a 1.4, comfortable 50+ on a run, and real little pocket rockets. It will amaze you. Everybody I know, including myself, have had problems with Vee dubs. Over-rated imo. Gearboxes a real problem.
A good pointer to their problems, go on E bay, thousands of gearboxes for sale. If you buy one, make sure it does not have the GUU gearbox, they're notorious for breaking.

It would be a shame if you got rid of it :( ....... If you do though would it be really cheeky to ask to buy the rare mud flaps off you :D I really like them teehee

X

Back