bumper?

M

micra_B

does anyone know where 2 get this bumper?

lowasfok.jpg

cheers

B

you can get a 'copy' of this bumper cheapish tho the quality has been questioned along with company. don't own myself so i'll leave it there.

some of the north westerners have it, they let you know when they see the thread :)

hello, i am a north westener lol...

i have this on my car, as well as goldstar and ricardo...

tis a copy as diagnosed by the doctor...

cost was £120 for the bumper...

the rest of the kit is #### imo... get your self something off another car or custom i.e m3 skirts, ibiza splitter...

build quality is ok for the price, but mount work required, if desired...

guy is called Taz, nice guy but did have a word with him about his customer service skills... tbh he aint arsed bout customers...

but if you buy pre-order over phone give cash on collection... honestly best option... as his delivery times/conditions are appaling...

Taz
118 Park field Road
Alum Rock
Birmingham
B8 3AY
01213276129 / 07969943621

[email protected]

cheers.ive got a super s back bumper so i will put that on with it if i get 1.

what do u mean by mount work?

cheers

B

neils was a copy too wasnt it? I forgot who he bought it off now but didnt they get it from bad boys inc?

Yep mine was a copy aswell, was finished by the guy i bought it off, as far as Im aware these dont come ready to paint, as i saw at jae 2 years ago...

right then laddy...

when ready to fit:
1.remove bumper, screws in archs at bumper tips and along front under grill...
2.bumper off, take bumper brackets off front of car...
3.take tow hook off, screws on left and underneath...
4.remove vertical central peice, which runs from bonnet lock to cross member...

now you can re-use the actual bracket's and fibreglass them to it (need to cut down centre).
modify the vertical central piece to act as additional bracket.
you can also attach to crossmember as it meets here.

***the bumper does not come with anymounts but the work required is quite simple for bodywork guys, mine took 1/2aday to attach...***

mine is in place solid by using tree points of attachment...ricardo has had mount problems, he may advise other ways to attach...

hope this helps, i think its worth all the work...:)

mean micra said:
right then laddy...

when ready to fit:
1.remove bumper, screws in archs at bumper tips and along front under grill...
2.bumper off, take bumper brackets off front of car...
3.take tow hook off, screws on left and underneath...
4.remove vertical central peice, which runs from bonnet lock to cross member...

That has to be the most stupid thing i have heard.
You dont remove that rod, you cut your bodykit AROUND it...!!

cheers for all ur help.fitting sounds quite difficult so i'll leave the fitting to a bodyshop lol

B

Where do you live, id rarther fit it FOR you for 20 quid or something rarther than a bodyshop like "Panther Designs" in wigan make a complete joke of it...

RUSK, the reason i had the centre piece removed is that i used it as a bracket... read the post properly...

micra B that is a good idea, just make sure you know exactly how they put it on, as if its just the two screws on the side it wont hold...

need anymore help im glad to help, as i already have this on my car...:)

mean micra said:
RUSK, the reason i had the centre piece removed is that i used it as a bracket... read the post properly...

micra B that is a good idea, just make sure you know exactly how they put it on, as if its just the two screws on the side it wont hold...

need anymore help im glad to help, as i already have this on my car...:)
BEAN FICRA
You say that you fibreglass the bumper to the rod then?

Ha ha you noticed my little joke...

na mate, what i did was place bumper on the car, anmeasure distance from bonnet lock to edge of bumper... then translate that to piece, put a rightangle bend coming outward from this point... and cut away bout 2 inches...

this is the bracket i used on mine, i'll show you tomoorow at NW meet( ru coming??)

i didnt know you had this bumper, looks like all NW lot have got this bumper now lol...

the way I would recomend fitting is

1. get the bumper and line it up with the cross member, then mark out were the vertical bar on the cross member would hit the bumper
2. cut the marked area out
3. then fit the bumper using the two side screws
4. the main hole in the bumper over laps the bottom area of the cross member, drill foor equaly spaced holes in a line through the bumper and through the cross member
5. screw the bumper to the cross member, then the bumper will be realy secure, even more so than you original bumper imo

Back