Bucket or super s seats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
Hi, after i have rebuilt my engine in july i'm going to move onto doing the interior of my K10 LS.

I was wondering, Whats better, Buckets seats or super s seats?

Bucket seats would be brand new costing £200-£400. and would be very nice!!

But i've always like the super s seats! whats better?

Thanks Curtis. :k10:

Super S seats although supportive round corners, give me major backache when doing a long journey. My normal LS style seats never did that.

I really like the Super S seats, never had a problem on long journeys and you'll be able to get them at a much better price I would imagine.

Sorry, Im showing my lack of "sports scene knowledge" here but I thought that Super S seats were 'bucket'...?

Or are bucket seats those rock hard box shaped things?......if so, then I would'nt go for it for what I use the K10 for.

Would be funny if you got a dealer to install some bucket seats and when you arrived there was a couple of 'actual' buckets screwed to the floor..AHHAHA....not even matching ones...and it was £400!...PMSL (sorry, I've been drinking here!)

Super S seats although supportive round corners, give me major backache when doing a long journey. My normal LS style seats never did that.

I have to say I found the opposite.....but there again I'm a lanky freak!

having said that though...a worn sagging basic seat is 10 times worse than an good condition basic seat....

real buckets? are you stoned man! you cant sit in a real bucket you wud get stuck. I got stuck in a bucket once, was in there for 4 hours...

ive found most drivers super s seats have all gone weak all over, best thing to do is swap over the pads with trims from the passenger seat to the drivers seat.

mines like this in the white one, i got in the passenger seat whilst someone else drove and it was like a new seat all firm and comfortable

My super s seats definitly are firm, not falling apart or anything. I've had three sets now and these are definitly the 'best' ones i have. I suffer from a back complaint anyway so maybe super s seats arent the best thing for it! Ems also used to have a stiff back after driving in them, however they're the same ones Sammohung has now, and he loves them! Strange :)

I would'nt fit buckets if it not gona suit the rest of the car as I think it looks tacky . . .Super s seats all the way!!

totally agree with the above comment ;)

also sunny ZX's have very similar seats to the super s, the sub frame would need modifiing to fit but they would suit the k10 very nicely

go for super s seats, anythings better than standard LS seats my back used to ache after 30mins driving

how did you get the buckets seats to fit james? have u got bracket made up for them?

thanks scott

i would have supers seats if the car is not stripped on the inside (rally car) keep the car looking alot tidier.

bucket seats

Thanks for the replys guys!!

Me and my dad had a garage tidy out today and we found some "huntmaster" bucket seats that he had forgotten all about...lol. (big garage)

they are really nice and they are black and grey...so they'll go with my interior!

Would like some super s ones, but they are quite rare!

I'll post pics when i've fitted them in....and also of the subframes i'm going to have to build! lol.

thanks

Curtis.:k10:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back