Braking.....

tse_adam

Micra Attitude
Hi all

I recently had my 18k P2 service done in west way dealer in birmingham. i think they did a pretty good job, on top of it all they washed and valeted my car. it cost £239 but i dont know if thats reasonable or not. fwn

they quoted me £110 on top for brake pads replacement so i went to kwik fit for a pair at £55 instead. and now it squeek under braking which can be very annoying, it sounds like a bus coming to a halt.

my friend said they need time to break in or there isnt enough grease slapped on it. any ideas? havent been conned have i?

and i also wonder if the £110 one is the same the one from kwik fit. fwn

cheers lads

ok i'll get back to kwik fit about the copper grease but are the pads damaging the discs now thats squeeking?

Not at all and to be honest Kwik fit may charge you as it's not a failure. Granted it's not good workmanship but still thats life.

It's the piston pushing against the pads that causes the noise.

oh right thx for that. they did a year's guarantee or 10,000 miles whichever comes first so i'll be going back soon.

would you guys know whether the kwik fit ones are the same from main dealer itself? just wondering if i have actually saved some dosh or just bought some cheaper brakes.

they would have fitted 3rd party brakes, also I don't think it'll be covered under the warranty as it's not classed as a failure just an annoyance (can't spell), still give it a go and let us know :D

Back