Brake light won't turn off

CMF_Akuma

» CMF Member
Just got back from a bit of a spin and my brake lights are stuck on : /. I have had to pull the fuse for the time being so I do not flatten the battery.

Anyone got any ideas whats going on??

Thanks

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
brake lights???? thats a new one.

umm the brake lights are not connected to actuall K11 system, by this i mean if u apply the break pedal without keys in the system the lights will come on??

other then checking behind the brake pedal for a sticking pedal!!

sorry

Napster

CMF_Akuma

» CMF Member
RACQ to the rescue, apparently a small spastic bung had broken off that broke the circuit so a circuit was forming all the time. RACQ dood just bent the plastic up around the bung and walla fixed.

CMF_Nudger

» CMF Member
I know this is an old post but...

The same thing happened to me on firday night. And well I was very confused by what was going on... ended up pulling out the fuse, the the intention of attacking it on sat morn. After checking every fuse :( silly boy, I then proceded to pull the lights out to check the wiring, also fine, followed by checking light bulbs. Still having not found the problem I searched on the forum for "brake light" and there you have it problem fixed. What took 2 hours and a very necessary trip to 'supercheap' for spare parts, and some new tools :) I could have fixed in 15mins...

I would just like to say...

Excellent site :)and keep up the good work.

Nudger

Back