brake advice

CMF_LX97

» CMF Member
Check out the articles section of this thread and read the factory bolt on modifications. Your answer lies there plus in Cisco's k11s which shows the Micra's he did up. It will tell you of the same modification which he did on a couple of his vehicles. Have a read of those it's full of inspirations.
Paul

CMF_LX97

» CMF Member
Hey I wish I could boast about my ride but you know, I'll get there one day. I hope!
There's two things in my way of reaching this dream, money and the wife having other preferences for the surplus money when it becomes available.
When you get the chance to read Cisco's K11s, he makes it sound so easy to obtain those changes and seeing his old Micras makes me want to get my car altered sooner.
Paul

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
easiest **** ever. just need to bleed the brakes well otherwise you wont find they will do much. i had to space mine 1mm across cos they were rubbing too much on the disk.

rear i dont know about. unless you have a super s thats guna be a bit difficult cos theres no mount for a disk brake.

CMF_AI10VR

» CMF Member
tris WROTE:

"easiest **** ever. just need to bleed the brakes well otherwise you wont find they will do much. i had to space mine 1mm across cos they were rubbing too much on the disk.<BR><BR>rear i dont know about. unless you have a super s thats guna be a bit difficult cos theres no mount for a disk brake.

super S?? i dont know what one of those is. sounds fancy my one's just a pov lx. think of the worst micra ever and then theres mine. but i like it.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Front N14's easy to do. Especially if the N14 1.6 version. not tried the rears, I think you can get away without bothering with them.

Caution note: If you have kept standard size 13inch rims then fitting the larger calip0ers and rotors is a little more problematic, but can be done.

Mychael

Back