bonnet vents

R05_Micra

Ex. Club Member
well im after a bonnet vent dunno which tho, just to let more air at me filter, and look abit cooler lol! i did want a reno 19 turbo vent but scooby vents look good, any help/pics? cheers!

Here's a pic of my car :) its a tacky plastic scoop from halfords that i have cut in and smoothed in :)

24738.jpg

whilst i was fillering it
3.jpg

tis smart! did you use fibre glass to smooth in?(well obviously, bodge would crack) daft me, u just use a dremel to cut ya bonnet out?

R05_Micra said:
tis smart! did you use fibre glass to smooth in?(well obviously, bodge would crack) daft me, u just use a dremel to cut ya bonnet out?

lol well actually.... yea i used crappy easy sand filler because i'm lazy and now its started to crack... but my plan was to use it as a mould for a carbon bonnet but the people who work next to where i work managed to drop a forklift load of plastic onto the bonnet and it wouldn't shut after that so i had no choice but to chuck on the mould grr

i was going to dremel the hole but the bonnet is suprisingly tough and in the end i used a jigsaw with a metal blade... i used a dremal to cut the opening in the scoop because when i got it it was just a tacky fake one.

i glued it to the bonnet using the same kind of stuff that glues the bonnet to its frame so its held on quite strongly... i found out how strong when i got it painted cos the painter picked it up by the scoop!!! i went mental! lol luckly the filler didn't crack but now it's looking kinda crappy...

hopfully i will get a replacement bonnet and then i can get that bonnet re fillered and then take a mould from it...

hey mate, that looks quite good i was thinking of adding astra gsi vants onto my bonnet, but now im a little undecided:confused:

Go for the Clio scoop,, thats what i had ages ago, but changed bonnet cause i had a fight with a tree and lost.

Looked great though :)

Theres companies that can stamp out vents and the like out the bonnet for you...that way its all metal....no idea on cost though.

i wanted astra gsi bonnet vents on my micra....cut and smoothed in but i never got them in the end.....qute nice if your looking for something subtle

scottish-sr said:
If that was smoothed in it would look nice. IMO, scobby vents should be left on a scooby, it just doesnt look right anywhere else. You could try a Pulsar vent if your after something that will get noticed. If your after something subtle, get something like the 19 one and smooth it in.

lol barryboys diddn't like my scoop either ;)

Back