body kit

hi dose any1 know wer i can get a kit or somthing to change the apperance? or any DIY mods i can do cheap to make her look better. thanks dot

ok thanks how or wot do i do? this is my first car and i like the look of the super s and the foha kit. and how can i get more power out of her as she only a 1.0, she is nippy but no top end.

ok thanks how or wot do i do? this is my first car and i like the look of the super s and the foha kit. and how can i get more power out of her as she only a 1.0, she is nippy but no top end.

I dont want to sound negative but the k10 has never ment to have been a fast car. Its not worth the money to get more power out of the 1.0 or 1.2. Keep the k10 as a cheap, economical run around untill you can afford a proper car, or stick a different engine in.

I dont want to sound negative but the k10 has never ment to have been a fast car. Its not worth the money to get more power out of the 1.0 or 1.2. Keep the k10 as a cheap, economical run around untill you can afford a proper car, or stick a different engine in.

That was negative sounding and now my car is crying out back :) see I understand the k10 isn't that fast but it's very quick compared to some of the newer hatches out there today such as the punto and citroën due to it being so light why not have an economical and nippy car? If you love it do it!

again id have to disagree, weighing in at little over 750kg fully loaded and with 80 or 90 bhp easily achievable (sp) you will be getting somewhere in the region of 106-120bhp per ton and thats without any stripping out even if you got it down to 700kg theres a potential 128.5bhp per ton.

just to put it into perspective,

a stock mk2 golf gti is according to the beb around 1100kg upto 1245kg depending on trim level and extras. they have a 1.8 engine producing around 110bhp so there power to weight is 100bhp per tonne, i know its not a 'fast car' but its of similar size (roughly) with a far bigger engine,

my k10 with 1.2 engine, 4-2-1 manifold, bike carbs could clean the floor with my mates mk2 golf upto 65-70mph, obviously after that, his increased torque pulled past me but at that point your speeding so isnt a fair test really.

depends what you want, if you want to sit at 200mph save up for a bugati vayron,

if you want a quite fast nippy little car, then stick with the micra, my 4-2-1 manifolds are about £100, the bike carbs i had were a similar ammount, so for £200 there are quite some good increases to be had.

perhaps if money or age wasnt a factor i would have gone with a bigger engine from the start and done the same mods to it, i was looking at a ga16 1.6, stock 90bhp, so more that ny tuned ma12, plus id be set to gain 20-30 bhp from a few simple mods, but hwen i was 19 and looked into insurance on a k10 with a ga16+mods i couldnt even get a quote never mind any sort of cover.

well once i got the cash for the manifold ill have 1 off you, and what would the postage be on the manifold?

do you know what spoilers i can get for my k10? keeping it looking right with the kit im getting off you.
and what side skirts fit it.

do you know what spoilers i can get for my k10? keeping it looking right with the kit im getting off you.
and what side skirts fit it.

Super S Spoiler and as i said before super s skirts but might look a little out of place with the foah bumpers :)

good luck! (Y)

not a really good pic but here is a super s spoiler:
Micra55.jpg

super s spoiler is a nice one, not sure of any others off other cars, nissan did a few fancy ones as options from factory but there like rocking horse poo on the moon.

not got any great pics of the spoiler really
DSC00809.jpg

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

i think i have one also, ill have a look and let you know

any skirts of similar length would fit, i have some universal fitting ones at home, they dont look too bad but will need modification to fit, they will need shortning about 4 or 5", ill dig them out and get some snaps for you

Super!!!! what fogs/driving lights are you using? i got some ring ones from halfords back in october and they have already rusted!

there ring ones to, not from halfords tho but cant imagine it making much differance,

are your bulbs fitted correcty?

the bulbs work fine everything works! just the lights are so damn cheap the metal fronts have all rusted! looks like im gonna be whiping out the hammerite lol

any skirts of similar length would fit, i have some universal fitting ones at home, they dont look too bad but will need modification to fit, they will need shortning about 4 or 5", ill dig them out and get some snaps for you

how much wud postage be? n hw much do u want 4 them?

dot k10

again id have to disagree, weighing in at little over 750kg fully loaded and with 80 or 90 bhp easily achievable (sp) you will be getting somewhere in the region of 106-120bhp per ton and thats without any stripping out even if you got it down to 700kg theres a potential 128.5bhp per ton.

just to put it into perspective,

a stock mk2 golf gti is according to the beb around 1100kg upto 1245kg depending on trim level and extras. they have a 1.8 engine producing around 110bhp so there power to weight is 100bhp per tonne, i know its not a 'fast car' but its of similar size (roughly) with a far bigger engine,

my k10 with 1.2 engine, 4-2-1 manifold, bike carbs could clean the floor with my mates mk2 golf upto 65-70mph, obviously after that, his increased torque pulled past me but at that point your speeding so isnt a fair test really.

depends what you want, if you want to sit at 200mph save up for a bugati vayron,

if you want a quite fast nippy little car, then stick with the micra, my 4-2-1 manifolds are about £100, the bike carbs i had were a similar ammount, so for £200 there are quite some good increases to be had.

perhaps if money or age wasnt a factor i would have gone with a bigger engine from the start and done the same mods to it, i was looking at a ga16 1.6, stock 90bhp, so more that ny tuned ma12, plus id be set to gain 20-30 bhp from a few simple mods, but hwen i was 19 and looked into insurance on a k10 with a ga16+mods i couldnt even get a quote never mind any sort of cover.

Yea its a good car for the size of it and the size of the engine, but its pretty pointless. Because (once you can afford it, if you save by keeping the car standard) you can get a better car. Im on my 3rd car atm. The 1st was a k10 micra, the second was a 2l power vauxhall viva ha, and my 3rd is another k10 micra. Now i look back, I wish I kept my 1st micra standard, rolled about in it for a couple of years and then moved onto something alot better, like 2 of my mates, who had a saxo and a 206. Both kept them standard, saved up and now roll about in an e30 325 bmw and vw caddy.

Anyway back on topic. After looking at a k10 with a foah front bumper. They do look nice, they look top spec factory look, but need to be painted properly, as in a nice finish.

Back