body kit and wheel suggestions

Hey guys, im new to the whole micra thing, picked up a nice condition 2003 k12 only having done 12,000 miles. the whole things like brand new, however with steel wheels and stock bodykit, its not living to its full potential. Want to fit some nice rims, lowering springs (30mm) and a decent looking bodykit.

Anyone had their K12 a full respray and know roughly how much it costs for a non metallic colour?

looking to lower by 30, paint it black with black 17" wheels. debadge, new grill. Too embarrassed to put it on here as it is :p lol. ill take pics of it as it changes and the result.

Anyone know how much these will cost roughly and/or where to get any of them, cheers Kev :grinning:. :k12white:

What is the original colour? Isn't it a bit of waste spraying a new ish condition car to a different colour? Personally i would wait for a bit until stone chips, dents and rust start appearing before you sort it out all in one go.

I'd imagine a good spray job will cost over £1000 - £1500 but don't quote me on that.

Your plan is pretty similar to mine but i have sort of stopped half way through doing it due to time and money restrictions.

yeh this is what i thought but the colour is kind of grey silver, which i cant see looking nice with any mods, if paint job will be really expensive i wont do it, just on the offchance it could be done at reasonable cost :)

Cheers.

don't respray no point, would cost a couple of grand for a proper job.

I'd say kit it like the 160sr or a subtle kit, nothing too OTT and nasty. Lower my 30mm and some nice racing inspired alloys, maybe something by rays or volks or something japanesey.

I have yet to see a proper modded K12 that looks nice :(...well except that lack one off here

Yeah a respray will cost a fortune. Cost me 500 alone to spray the kit on my K12 when I had it. I had a full carcept kit, lowered by 30mm, lexus clusters, savage backbox, 17" wolfrace mantis alloys.

Sadly I sold it last year and got my civic 2.0. If you want a couple of pics for ideas I'll see if I can dig a few out.

Im not sure, i was planning 17"s and thought that would scrape. how much are u looking for the springs out of interest? Cheers

there is a guy that owns a k12 round my way and its on 17s the same colour as yours not lowered and standard bodywork but actually looks mint i think the nismo kits look nice on the k12 and a nice set of 17s dropped by 35mm would be minted

Nice one, thanks a lot. There are a nice set of 4 stud 18inch wheels advertised locally. would i get away with lowering the car 30mm with 18s or am i asking a bit much lol. just trying to size up all the options. Cheers

18s are on my mums r33 gtr and thats a fast car but 18s are comprimising alot of things on a small engined car mate my micra came with 13s on it and i upgraded to 15s and noticed a big difference if you are going for style go for it but if you are looking to get a bit more performance 16s but it would be nuts to see a k12 on 18s and dropped on its hoop lol

lol yeh, i want the car to look nuts, 1 of a kind. not just another modded car. Then again maybe it is OTT since its so slow as it is lol. I will have a think, cheers for ur help

well my micra is a one off lol as i said i would be nice to see a k12 dropped on its hoop on 18s i cant remember the name off the wheels but wolfrace do a set of 5 spokes but they are kinda like the mercedes wheels i would put them on in the 18s as i know they look the muts nuts on my mates mk6/7 fiesta and with the colour of your micra the gunmeta grey ones would look sweet as

Lol. yeh its gunmetal grey ones im after. The make of the ones i sw for sale were kahn, but im only going to show interest in them if i know they will fit. They might scrape with it being lowered too.

Does anyone know the dimmensions for a K12 wheel fitting? dont want to buy the wrong ones lol.

4x100 i think well im sure it is that thats what the k11s are if you go into wolfrace's website you will prob see the wheels i am on about i wouldn't mind them but thats if i get my 160sr meant to be getting it in the next few weeks . so that means i will have 3 cars lol its crazy one is getting modded the now i am driving my first car which is my 130sr then comes the 160sr lol

Well I managed to dig a pic out of my old K12 on 17" Wolfrace Mantis and lowered by 30mm Koni Sport springs for you. They are 4x100 for K12s most wolfrace fitments come in 15", 17" and 18" for the K12. They important thing is though to get the correct sized spigot rings as they are 1mm larger than the K11. K12s need 60.1mm and K11s use 59.1mm. They gave me the wrong ones originally when I got mine and couldn't get the wheels on so had to go back. Anyways here's the pic. Never had any probs with lock on it, no scraping etc.

micraside.jpg

ok thanks very much mate, the wheels im buying look very nice, but they are kahn 4 stud 18 inchers. So im not sure how much this will vary from wolfrace ones, but i think i will check up on this. Hope to god they fit, they look so awesome :) lol

Cheers for the help guys all advice, tips and critisism welcome, but easy on the critisism ;)

click on my garrage!lmao

thats the impul kit i still have the front bumper and side skirts and arches and eyebrows if interested just needs spraying to your cars colour :D

Back