Blower Motor Resistor Card

My blower only works on full power. Anybody know if the ones for a fiver on eBay do the job or is it worth the £35 for the genuine part?

Just fix your own, same as above Before
Screenshot_20181210-193423.jpeg

After
Screenshot_20181210-193426.jpeg

I tried this yesterday. Filed off the chunk of solder and added a new one. No luck though. I've only ever soldered one thing though so could be my error.

I tried this yesterday. Filed off the chunk of solder and added a new one. No luck though. I've only ever soldered one thing though so could be my error.
You'll need to sand back a good bit of the tracks and not just the old solder to make a good connection

get some flux, makes for a better solder job, it's worth your time to learn good soldering especially if you ever need to do the maf repair or add in new wiring, just don't try to catch a falling hot soldering iron and stick to it?

Attachments

• WP_20181217_001.jpg
    WP_20181217_001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 119
Thanks for the help! I'll give soldering another shot when I have access to an iron and if that doesn't work I'll just get a new card. It's getting a bit annoying having to turn the heater up full blast every few minutes now the temperature is falling.

Back