New here and blower motor resistor question

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've just bought my first car (figured it was about time given my age) and got myself a Micra S 1.0 K11C on Saturday. So I'm pretty new to these mechanical things.

u4uva6yr.jpg

She's in pretty good nick (are cars female?) Apart from the heater blower only works on the highest setting. I've read here and other places that this is a common problem with the Micras.

So I whipped out the heater blower motor resistor to have a gander. Here it is.

6u4ydyja.jpg

It doesn't look burnt but does look a bit corroded and a bit of damage. Should I bother attempting to sand and solder or just buy a replacement?

Thanks,

Richard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul,

I went ahead and ordered a replacement last night so hopefully that will arrive in a couple of days.

Now I just need to figure out what harness and aerial adapter I need to replace the cassette player.

Richard

The iso connectors are easy enough to get and aerial connector

I never liked the idea of being out riding a him or riding around in him. Much better to ride her and so on but each to there own ;-)

Ha yeah, I think I'll stick with female.

I'm looking at getting the Sony DSX-A60BT head unit. Think I'll pull the stereo out tonight have a gander at the connectors so I know what I'm looking for.

The iso connectors are easy enough to get and aerial connector

I never liked the idea of being out riding a him or riding around in him. Much better to ride her and so on but each to there own ;-)

It's probably due to the amount of foul language and abuse I generally direct towards my bikes and cars.....there's no way I'd treat a lady that way... oh yeah....

Back