Black Plastic Tailgate Trim !

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
On the outside of the car, goes over the top of the No. Plate Lights. I dont know its name but at Minus 5 degrees this morning it snapped off in my wifes hands- Can they be repaired ? Or how much to replace. I'v seen loads of Micra's with busted ones glued on etc. So it must be common. Any one with any views ? Thanks

CMF_hoodedreeper

» CMF Member
Thats the number plate light/boot handle/tailgate handle.

Easy enough to get from a breakers yard. Open the tailgate up,theres a plate held on with 6-8 plastic screws. Un-screw these and you'll see 4x 10mm bolts. Remove those and the handle will come off.

Reverse the process to put one back onto the car

CMF_mickyh7

» CMF Member
Many Thanks. I found nothing in the Haynes Manual about it ! Seems straight forward enough. Looks like the breakers tomorrow then -Cheers mickyh7

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
where are micra most commonly found, is it in AUS or in the UK ?

I often find about micra's in australia even info, but on the other hand mine's built in the UK & I found several parts online from UK stores.

cheers mates!

Ian - Malta

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"ian<BR><BR>there are a lot more micra,s in the uk, especially 1.0,s<BR><BR>frank

Finally I got a decent reply about this all.. I noticed they are still worth in the UK considering that used cars sell for nothing in your country. Which is nice for the micra! thanks frank

Ian

Back