bit of trivia.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Wow you bought yours new? They weren't cheap back in the day, that's for sure. I paid a lot less for mine than what they seem to be going for, but on average they seem to be holding their value quite well.

---dens

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Yep,had my first Micra since brand new. Which I still have of course, now with 302,000K's.
Buying "Family Hack" is actually my 3rd Micra. I had another SLX for a while but it was a series 2. Not as useful for my needs.

Having said that I probably know a lot less about pulling them apart then a lot of the other owners, 'cos quite simply my car has rarely needed anything other then the basic service which I do myself.

Mike

CMF_micragirl

» CMF Member
That would depend on whether you paid the top end price or the price they dropped down to 6 months after their release. The difference there being roughly $8000. Mine was $23500 on the road in November, 95. Six months later they reduced them to $15990 which included air conditioning. In my case the depreciation amounted to 10% per annum.
Not as nasty as the Suzuki Swift Sport though, I am told the trade in price on my 8 month old SSS is $14990, thats a loss of $13,000 if I were silly enough to accept it.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
I got my first micra for $18,000. Had power steering but no air. I fitted aircon 12 months later.. They had a Super S there at the same time which they wanted $21,000 for.

Still if you compare it to the big sixes of Ford and Holden with their 15% depreciation, the Micras come up pretty good.

Mychael

Back