Bike pistons?

CMF_Red Menace

» CMF Member
I've been looking at the options for getting more power out of a CG13DE. In essence, once you've done inlet and exhaust work, you either a) turbo or supercharge it, or b) rework it to rev higher. For high revs, you want lightweight pistons (among many other things - shot peened/polished rods, uprated valve springs, chain tensioner, head work, the list goes on). Has anyone tried fitting motorbike pistons? I appreciate that the crankshaft would need to be tweaked to fit.

Note that I'm not too bothered about side issues such as whether pistons of a suitable size are available, or whether you'd need to bore the engine out (they are, you wouldn't), or the fact that you need some way to raise the rev limit to take advantage of all this. I'm just interested as to whether anyone has tried, and whether there are any CG13DE-specific subtleties.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
don't think so..... need to check availability of size etc... but would be and interesting project for someone with deepish pockets.... the most poke for buck is still turboing it though....IMHO

Back