Beat this for reliability!

87LK392

I am a 1987 K10 micra owner, based in Ireland - Thought I would like to share the story of my car - a 231,000 miler! Still on its original engine/gearbox with no major ovehauls needed, just regular servicing. I used it while renovating my house - it pulled trailers of concrete blocks and sand, carried timber and ladders on its roof , heavy tool boxes and bags of cement inside, and carried me all over Ireland on my mountaineering expeditions. Also took it across France a few years ago - 1000 miles in 9 days! Just passed its 4th NCT (Irish MOT) this week, needed 3 tyres and a secondhand door - corrosion on the hinges. The only major components needed were a clutch at 190K miles (first clutch) and CV joint and secondhand steering rack. Engine still sweet, did clean and retighten rocker shaft mounting bolts using threadlocker as they had started to work loose - their initial tightening torque is quite low, so check these when doing valve clearances. My mates tell me that Nissan should send over their people from Japan to examine this car!

K10 General

Nice one, im in Limerick Ireland and have a 1991 white K10,it has 108,552 miles on the clock and is still going strong its my first car, could anyone tell me wher i could get a front grill with integrated spots for it?

Welcome to the MSC! Quite a hardcore car you have there

Is it a 1.0 or a 1.2L?

Back