Banded steels. ...

Need help with what offset I should get for banded steels. ...been looking at everyone's blogs but cant find anything to do with offsets....im getting 8.5 for rears and 7.5 for fronts..

sent using the send button. .....

Need help with what offset I should get for banded steels. ...been looking at everyone's blogs but cant find anything to do with offsets....im getting 8.5 for rears and 7.5 for fronts..

If you're banding Micra steels, look at Jay's, he has the same.

And if you read my post you would see I asked about offset!!!!! Not size of banding....!!!!I have read jays blog, , couldn't find anything about offset!!! Hence this post!!!!:rolleyes:

And if you read my post you would see I asked about offset!!!!! Not size of banding....!!!!I have read jays blog, , couldn't find anything about offset!!! Hence this post!!!!:rolleyes:

The centre of his wheel wasn't touched iirc, he literally just had a band.

Some rough and ready calcs at work leads me to an answer of +6 at the rear and +18 at the front for Jay.

Going by a 5" backspace on a +45 offset steelie.

Working mine out I roughly have -6 at the rear and +6 at the front.

They may be a few mm out!

Thats what I wanted to know...thanks for finding out for me...true gentleman. .:D

You probably wont be able to choose the offset, unless you have already negotiated this with your wheel builder. Bandeds are usually constructed by leaving the centre attached to the inner rim, adding the extra width required and then welding the outer rim back on - so athough yes the offset will change - it's not by a "settable" amount for a given width - the width added will define the final offset, unless the builder is going to separate the wheel centre and re-weld in the desired location. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Back