BAM...bye bye front bumper...

R

ricardo_swarez

was driving back from the middlebrook cinema tonight...came over the crest of a hill and down and hit a raised man hole, heard a big bang then seen my front bumper down the hill in front of me... i caught up to them and luckily i had some spare nuts and tools, so i refitted the front of my car at about 12.30 in the morning... bumpers realy scratched....nice way to end the night..

woah you hit a raised man hole cover and that actually managed to completely remove the front bumper from your car?!?! I'd be a bit concerned on the how it's fitted.

My aftermarket firbeglass bumper on Dan's K10 survived a 40mph impact when someone cut me up and I hit them from behind.

Anyway sorry to hear about your bad luck, especially as it's been only recently fitted and sprayed. :(

Kev

Unfortunatley if it's mounted like mine then a big bump will knock it off but shouldn't break it, plan to make some mounts sometime!

Is it broke Ricardo or just scratched?

Where do "modded" cars stand in the eyes of the law with this, my cars lowered and the bumper sits low, no problems yet but one of my mates lives off a road that has those square speed bumps that if you aim right they go under the car without "bumping" you, I have to aim to go over them, if I forget I might be in trouble!

Not good!!! Sorry to hear that. Definetely needs some decent mounts making by the sounds of it. My front bumper is very well done, and this is proven with what Kev said. Hope it gets sorted. :)

yer because its just the impul copy bumper there are only two bolts holding it on, the guy who fitted it did say he had made some mounts but obviously he didnt so i'll be talking to him about that, but in the mean time im going to fix it to the cross member, the bumpers isnt broken at all, just badly scratched were it hit the man hole cover and there are small scratches from when it slid down the hill, prety gutted but my mums a lawyer, so im just going to let her sort the council out and get the bumpers scratches removed and respraying, but as goldstar said im not realy sure what rights i have,i'e got pictures thought, so just waiting till monday to talk to the council

its not in middlebrook, its in new springs, as you drive down wigan road coming from middlebrook towards wigan, you come over the verge of a hill and decend, because you come over the verge and then go down a steep hill, the car sits lower momentarily....and that moment conisdes with a grid thats sticking out of the floor as the top road surface is being replaced, i was doing 15-20mph, but as the grids sticking out so far it still caught it

If there is resurfacing going on, and you can prove that there is/was no

'RAISED IRONWORKS' sign.. ( white writing with red background - and legible conditon)

You can claim against the council, who then claim against the contracters, who the would claim against whoever conducted the Traffic Managment.

i checked the way all my bumpers had been fitted tonight and checked out the place i thought i hit, after reconsidering it, im now thinking the posistion of the raised man hole was just a conisidence, the fact the bumper didnt fall of earlier is surprising as after looking at how he fitted the rear, if the same way was used to fit the front then its pretty shocking he does this for a living, i checked my back bumper tonight, i told him how to fit it, he said he used my way, but he didnt, he fitted my back bumper using 2 screw and the best bit is... one of them is just a random screw! its on by about 3 turns because the screw doesnt fit the hole... this guy has some explaining to do, and alot of work to do on my so called finished car

lol... as if im going to do the work i paid some other guy to do, car goes back into the bodyshop in a week to get everything sorted, just rang the guy

it did fall off from being fitted badly, i must have missed out in my previous post that on return to the thing i thort i hit, i drove over it again, i left my gf by the side of the road to check it out, and there was no way i hit it, i think the bump of going over such a large object was just enough to knock the front bumper free, so when i checked the rest of the fittings, it turned out he hadnt fitted it properly at all

Back