ball joints

according to haynes,on k11 98reg i cannot change lower ball joints but have to replace control arms which come with ball joints and bushes already fitted is this correct,if so is fitment hard or easy ,us old people have difficullty getting under the car nowadays ,but still have my ramps so will give it a go if its not to hard to do cheers.

As with an suspension part it's a lottery how tight those bolts will be! But I can say that a proper penetrating oil and and a breaker bar or a long ratchet are usually a good idea. Doesn't mean you can't get the job done with a spanner but your knuckles might bleed from my experience lol.

For a DIY mechanic who owns quite good tools any suspension job can take the best part of a day. If you're methodical this job shouldn't take more than a few hours start to finish... don't forget to torque down those bolts...

You may or may not be aware but replacing balljoints is a ballache, it's much easier to replace the wishbone/lower arm and added bonus of new bushings... as far as I know from when I last looked the difference in price was negligible

As with an suspension part it's a lottery how tight those bolts will be! But I can say that a proper penetrating oil and and a breaker bar or a long ratchet are usually a good idea. Doesn't mean you can't get the job done with a spanner but your knuckles might bleed from my experience lol.

For a DIY mechanic who owns quite good tools any suspension job can take the best part of a day. If you're methodical this job shouldn't take more than a few hours start to finish... don't forget to torque down those bolts...

You may or may not be aware but replacing balljoints is a ballache, it's much easier to replace the wishbone/lower arm and added bonus of new bushings... as far as I know from when I last looked the difference in price was negligible
Great reply there Max .....thanks for all the members buddy.

according to haynes,on k11 98reg i cannot change lower ball joints but have to replace control arms which come with ball joints and bushes already fitted is this correct,if so is fitment hard or easy ,us old people have difficullty getting under the car nowadays ,but still have my ramps so will give it a go if its not to hard to do cheers.

At your stated age of 78, it’s not worth the risk and I would clearly recommend getting a couple of quotes from your local independent garages and let them get on with it. There are better things more worthwhile to be doing with our lives?

At your stated age of 78, it’s not worth the risk and I would clearly recommend getting a couple of quotes from your local independent garages and let them get on with it. There are better things more worthwhile to be doing with our lives?
While I definitely agree with this, myself, (70 in a few months) and a mate who is 71, have just changed all four springs, fitted Koni rear dampers and done an oil and filter change on my K12, in four hours including a stop for lunch, though we do have a VERY good selection of tools/equipment/experience between us ;).

Back